Objects overlapping into adjacent parcel

Vulpinus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think this is the most appropriate forum for these questions...

1. When I'm positiong things in my parcel, near the edges, is there an easy way to tell if it pokes out over the edge of my land? Especially when there are invisible bits (like with trees). Currently, I put up a high wall on the boundary and keep checking the other side for the hint of a selection highlight poking thorugh the wall as I move the object.

2. After doing one tree as above, I noticed a few days leter that the base of the tree was poking through my boundary, just under ground level, by quite a bit. The tree hasn't been returned though, even though the adjacent parcel has a 5 minute return to owner set. Why not?

Cheers,

V.

Autoreturn won't return objects that merely encroach. It only affects objects that have their origin on the parcel.

The neighbor can manually return encroaching objects, of course, and this can be very tricky to determine. In the case of Linden plants especially, the extent of that encroachment is practically impossible to ascertain except by trying to return them; usually those plants can encroach a lot and still be immune from manual return. That's in contrast to other objects, some of which can be returned even if they have no visible parts encroaching. Part of that is a result of bounding box trickery by sculpty-makers of yore, and you can get a hint of that by showing bounding boxes in one of the debug menus (Advanced or Develop, not sure which). Even that is only an indication of what may encroach; I don't know any way to really be sure except trial and error.

To answer your initial question, use View - Land Owners and Highlight Transparent.

Your land will show as a Green color (if owned by your avie) or a Blue color (if owned by your group).

Transparent objects will show Red.

This will make it much easier to see if and where prims are encroaching.

Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 11.39.50 AM.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.