OMG I'm so stuck, HELP!!!!!!

Ziggy Stoanes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there. I am an estate manager and I have two parcels of land deeded to the same group in order to pool the prims available. On each parcel are two separate clubs. I bought two SHX Receivers in order to control the music/DJs etc. at both clubs. I deeded both MCD boxes to the group as instructed but if I change the music via one receiver,  it changes the music on both parcels. Same is true when changing the other receiver, it changes the music on both parcels. I suspect that it has to do with both parcels deeded to same group but this is a must in order to pool the prims available. Is there a way to setup the two receivers as to control the separate parcels?

Ziggy Stoanes wrote:

Hi there. I am an estate manager and I have two parcels of land deeded to the same group in order to pool the prims available. On each parcel are two separate clubs. I bought two SHX Receivers in order to control the music/DJs etc. at both clubs. I deeded both MCD boxes to the group as instructed but if I change the music via one receiver,  it changes the music on both parcels. Same is true when changing the other receiver, it changes the music on both parcels. I suspect that it has to do with both parcels deeded to same group but this is a must in order to pool the prims available. Is there a way to setup the two receivers as to control the separate parcels?

No, not if they need to be deeded.  The fact that you have both parcels pooling the same prims is actually the answer to your question.  You have them sharing resources.

I do have to wonder why you would need to pool prims for two separate clubs, although a bit irrelevant to your question.  Is there any particular reason they HAVE to share prims? If they are two totally separate clubs, simply make certain their parcels have the prims you want them to have.  Otherwise, you cannot do what it is you're trying to do. At least, not that I know of.

Uh... no, I don't think this should need to be a problem. Multiple distinct parcels with the same owner (group or individual) will each have a distinct media and audio stream. It sounds to me that these controller devices are either setup incorrectly (sharing the same channel or something silly), or they're the wrong tool for the job.

Qie Niangao wrote:

Uh... no, I don't think this should need to be a problem. Multiple distinct parcels with the same owner (group or individual) will each have a distinct media and audio stream. It sounds to me that these controller devices are either setup incorrectly (sharing the same channel or something silly), or they're the wrong tool for the job.

If they are actually two distinct parcels, they shouldn't be controlling one another the way they are.  Unless it really is just a channel interference, but even that should not happen on two separate parcels. If it IS a shared channel, something is still a bit wonky there, but it should be easy to fix. We used to have quite a few parcels on one sim, all using the same media/audio controllers, even using the same channel. The only time any of them actually changed the stream on another parcel, was when the parcels weren't actually separate to begin with(because I messed up and forgot to parcel off something I thought I had changed, lol).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.