Newbie Questions On Vertical Structures

Grenik Gainsaid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am considering my first piece of land and weighing the size, prims, homestead, etc. options. I think what I want to do is allowed, but in the spirit of "measure twice and cut once", I would like some feedback. Both, is it possible AND is is smart to do? Is there a better way?

Can I have separate structures that occupy the same square feet of my property, but are separated vertically? If my property is 45x45, could I have a 40x40 house on the "ground" and another 40x40 floating island at 1000m and another structure at 3000m? I am not renting them, etc. I just want to be able to move from one to another and have different themes. I am assuming I am within my total prim count.

Is it easy to get to each location by teleporting?

My experiences with visiting other regions tells me that this all should be fine and that my total prim count is very important, even if the square feet of the parcel is a little smaller...

No problem.  If you own or rent a parcel, you can rez as many prims (or their equivalent in L.I.) as you like at any elevation up to 4000m, subject to the total L.I. allowance for the land, of course.  The only time when that is NOT true is when you are restricted by a covenant of some kind (on a private estate) or if you own a Linden Home, where building a skybox is forbidden.

And yes, teleporting is the easy, obvious way to get from one spot to another, regardless of elevation.

Yes, it all works fine as you describe. Just make sure that you have teleporting routing to "anywhere" rather than set to a specific landing point. When you do that friends will have a hard time getting to you. IF you want store people to ONLY end up in a store, then the landing point force might be a good idea. YOU can TP (and perhaps group folks can too) but others will have a difficult time.

So it just depends what you want to happen. Good luck!  BTW be sure and check the cost if you are buying mainland as there are BIG breaks between sizes. Your example would not be the best choice moneywise. This does not translate over to private lands :D.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.