MAINLAND : How to handle rez rights?

Stable Mum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

Hopefully someone can help me with a creative solution here....

I am with a small rental company that is based exclusively in Bay City. If you are not familiar with where this is and it's unique challenges, I'll explain. We are unable to redraw parcel lines and as it is mainland - the land must remain set to the rental group for our tier bonus that helps us stay competative on the market. 

A new RP based business has moved in that needs its employees to wear their group tag for the labels and for rez rights. Short of having them in our rental group as a special tag - what are some other solutions we could offer to assist in a solution? 

Thanks for your help community! 

You've already done the most you can do for them by creating a role and giving them special tags in the group that the land is deeded too. You can not permit 2 groups to rez on the same parcel of land when the land is deeded to one of those groups. The only way they can rez with their group tag is to leave "building" in land settings for everyone "on" but being a landlord myself I know this is not a brilliant option especially on mainland. Unfortunately, what they are requesting is only able to be done on a non-deeded piece of land set to their group or a piece of land deeded to their group.

Good Luck. 

zombiegal wrote:

the land must remain set to the rental group for our tier bonus that helps us stay competative on the market. 

Well, it needs to remain deeded to a group, and that group must be controlled by the rental company for land management abilities. But the rental company need not have been the founder of the group, it just has to be the sole remaining Owners. So if the RP group (or a successor RP group) is willing to make Owners of your rental managers and then leave the Owner role themselves, you could safely deed the land to that group, and then let them have whatever Roles with whatever Abilities they want, short of selling-off the land or buying more.

It does also mean that your rental manager(s) will need to reserve a slot for that extra group. That's not a big deal for one big important tenant, but can be a pain at larger scale.

So, we've gone with my original solution - which has also been suggested above. We've made this renter a special tag in our rental group for them and their employees, in which they can invite their employees to that role. I know it's not as seemless as the renter hoped for, but it works.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.