Looking to rent

Tika Mixemup

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.

There are more Malls in this worls than avatars.

I know at this time we speaking, you can get a shop with 25 prims for L$7 per week..

or as they reply in this post with more than L$7 per week.

I do have a Mall established many years in SL..

But i will not tell you how much i am asking for a store.

I will not recommend you to rent it.

You say you have a MP Store and hardly you have sales there. Well, of course exceptions exists,

but as a general rule we can say sales are more in MP and not in world.

A store in world is more for a creator to be able to set a link to  "See item in world" in them listings.

And to feel good inside it, braging for them creations displayed on walls!

So, since you say you have not so many sales in MP and you want to have earnings,

you better think better before paying a standar weekly fee for rent, while there is no incoming to cover it.

I believe you need to focus in altering the quality of your products or/and lower your prices.

I wish you the best!

Here is an elder post in these Forums, i hope it will give you ideas :)

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/new-store-how-to-get-people-through-the-door/m-p/1924063#M32680

379l$ is horrendous for only 100 prims. How could a new seller ever get started for that price? Some are even more for fewer prims and its both a rip off and unfair. I recently rented some good space in a mall 50l$ for 50prims. Unfortunately its closing in June. I've also found stores 50l$ for 30prims. Just type in search 'rent' + amount and u can find them. Landlords should offer deals quite right it could work to their benefit!

You say that because you know nothing about managing a mall, you can find some cheap stores for rent but as happened to you they will disappear with no warning cause it s impossible to make profit with that ridicolous amount of L$, also if you need to provide some traffic that will cost a lot of money, better spend more for the rent and get traffic so sales than renting a desolated shop with no traffic that becomes completely useless for your purpose

Until this thread, I had no idea what a "Toddleedoo" is or why it should need shaping. Having now seen pictures, I think we can safely assume that general traffic is of no value to selling these things; they're going to be of zero interest to the vast majority of the general public (although, apparently, of considerable interest to some aficionados).

That's the thing about malls: there are some products that might appeal to many passersby, and those can make sense in a mall. Then there are other products that have only highly specialized buyers, and those may really benefit from being in (only) highly specialized malls. Putting those latter products in a non-specialized mall, regardless of traffic volume, doesn't do anybody any good.

So, unless there's a Toddleedoo-specific mall somewhere, this particular poster would be better off with a cheap 512 somewhere -- if they can benefit from in-world sales at all. Even if a mall were competitively priced, they'd absolutely need to offer such specialized products separate parcels each with its own Search listing, landing point, etc. -- and separate parcels erode traffic statistics. (And, in passing, traffic statistics, just as numbers, aren't make-or-break as they once were because they don't much affect Search ranking anymore -- where in-world Search itself is used less, too.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.