Looking for a place to park a large boat.

Spunkypants Klata

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all!

So i was renting a cool piece of land for a while, and I decided recently to get a boat, as I was told that my rental had full access to many  public waterways.  Unfortunately, after I got my heart set on the idea of parking a boat right on my property and taking off, the waterways became no longer accessible.  

Anyone have any good tips on rentals where I could park a very large boat, that won't cost me an arm and a leg, and where I can actually drive my boat fairly far out?  The land isn't that important to me - If it does or doesn't have a house, I really don't care.  If it's just a boat slip, that's cool too.  

Thanks in advance!  

Spunkypants Klata wrote:

Hey all!

So i was renting a cool piece of land for a while, and I decided recently to get a boat, as I was told that my rental had full access to many  public waterways.  Unfortunately,
after I got my heart set on the idea of parking a boat right on my property and taking off, the waterways became no longer accessible.  

Anyone have any good tips on rentals where I could park a very large boat, that won't cost me an arm and a leg, and where I can actually drive my boat fairly far out?  The land isn't that important to me - If it does or doesn't have a house, I really don't care.  If it's just a boat slip, that's cool too.  

Thanks in advance!  

Do you mean that they lie to you?

A lot of people in SL want to take advantage of the "blake sea" name and they often offer their lands by saying:

Sailable to 100nds of sims,

but unfortunately it is not the truth always.

It isnt easy to get a sailable parcel.

They usually are occupied and the tenants who got them they dont relinquish.

Wish you good luck on this request.

If you're looking for access to Blake Sea, you may want to contact Ey Ren, the owner of Second Norway.

If you want access to the waters around Sansara and Heterocera I may be able to help. Depends on how large "very large" means.

The price you shold expect to pay depends a lot on how many prims (or land ipact) the boat is and whether you want a place to moor the boat or just rez it when you need it. For a permanent port for the boat you should probably expect to pay about 2 L$/week per prim. If you jsut need a place to rez it every now and then, it'll be much cheaper.

What are the boats dimensions?  How many prims?  What do you mean by and arm and a leg?   Places on the Blake Sea big enough for a large boat won't be just a couple hundred L's.   Depending on your answers I may know of a place at a good price.  I am not the landlord, but the lot is near my home and it is all water with a dock.

If your still looking for space, I might be able to swing some space on my island - depending on the size of the boat, there's cool waterways throughout, I built it for boats to travel from one type island to another - let me know how many prims if your still interested     Happy Holidays!

There are moorings at Honah Lee going from 1595l$ a week for 725 prims. (Use the scroll bar on the property list to see them).

There are some large moorings at the Seychelle Isles too, I can see one at 1875l$ a week for 750 prims. Look on their inworld boards here

The Windward yacht club has some large moorings available. I can't see their pricing, but their office is here

If you need less prims the sunbird marina is nice at 220l$ a week for 110 prims.

If none of those are suitable look around the world map for obvious harbors, and go there and see what you can find out.

• 5 years later...
On 12/28/2014 at 4:26 PM, Spunkypants Klata said:

Hey all!

So i was renting a cool piece of land for a while, and I decided recently to get a boat, as I was told that my rental had full access to many  public waterways.  Unfortunately, after I got my heart set on the idea of parking a boat right on my property and taking off, the waterways became no longer accessible.  

Thanks in advance!  

You can park boats at the yacht club in Carlisle and Wetheral for a dollar a prim, but if it is so gigantic that it takes up all the prims and all the space, it won't work.  Also some possibilities in Hite. This is not Blake Sea but the Hidden Lakes area of Sansara. So I'd have to know the size and prims.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

22 hours ago, XBlu3 said:

I bought a boat about 6 months ago and was renting 4015sq and my boat barely fit its 650 prims but i couldnt drive it. I think i need to rent a full sim to drive it.

A boat that size is unlikely to handle region crossings well, and would be an exercise in frustration to try.

Why not start out exploring the coast in something a little more modest sized? You will get a better feel for what is possible and what to expect and do.

There's a sizable marina on the west coast of Zindra with slips available for large boats.

(Zindra has a usable ocean, but rarely do I see any boats using it. You'd think people would be having parties on their yachts, but no. There are large docked boats, but I've never seen any of them move.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.