Is it just me?

Bobbie Faulds

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm afraid I'm in a bit of a rant mood. I'm usually very patient. The way LL has set up for you to get abandoned land is very clunky. Have to send a request in to purchase on a support ticket. Then the land management people look at it and if they think it's too much, then it gets listed on the auction site and you have to bid for it, even if it's right next to land you already own.

That's bad enough, but I filed a request 3 weeks ago that's still marked a new. I pay enough tier that I'm supposed to have concierge service. I waited 2 weeks for action before I contacted live chat. It's supposed to be being worked on and looked at according to the Live Chat people, but the ticket still shows as new. And now, when I contacted them today, Sat, I'm told they aren't there on the weekends so it's going to be Monday before they do anything.

I know y'all can't do anything but commiserate with me, but It still feels a little bit better to rant about it and blow off a bit of steam. I want the land to expand my shops and want to have it done before Dec 1 when several hunts and events I'm participating in start...So much for the "concierge" service.

It's not terrifically helpful, but a couple of things. First, I too have seen a delay in Concierge support compared to how it used to work. Granted, my requests haven't been anything urgent lately -- just a rarely visited Mainland sim that was impassable for a few days until scripts were switched back on, then a day or so later somebody picked up my ticket and observed it was all working. Not a big deal, but very different from what I'd always seen before.

It's been years since they worked support tickets on weekends, so that's nothing new, really.

Finally, I just have to note that the way they handled abandoned land used to be much more disruptive, when they just set it all for sale automatically. You'd think that would be fine, but it really did cause a lot of problems. Indeed, we've been seeing some of those same problems with post-auctioned land: lots of landsplitting going on again, with "terrorforming" and intentional eyesores to coerce extortion prices. Even some nascent adfarms again.

We all had to know that the wheels would come off the bus sooner or later. It's just a matter of time before the SL land product will be so unsupported that it won't attract enough tier revenue to keep the lights on. Difficult bit of management, to time the exodus correctly.

I agree with you that it is incredible clunky and they do drag their feet on a response.

I recently submitted a support ticket as well for abandoned land directly adjoining my own parcel. My fear is that they will just put it up for auction (it's been abandoned for 19 months) and because it's water land it feels better that it remains abandoned then for a land baron to buy it or someone to block me in.  There's more abandoned land adjoining the parcel I submitted a ticket on that's been abandoned for 22 months. 

I just do not get how the land sits abandoned for so long but I may not even get the option to buy it even though it would be increased tier for LL and more money for them. They aren't getting money on this abandoned plot right now and as for making it "fair' to other people who may want it, the land's been there for nearly two years abandoned. If they put it up for auction, it's more likely a land baron will buy it and inflate the price to where it won't sell anyway just like the plot directly to the east of the land I submitted a ticket for that is extremely over priced and has been for sale for quite awhile.

I actually got a response on my ticket yesterday. They allowed me to buy the entire requested parcel. In my case it was only an additional 1024 adjoining to my current land so that may have been why it was approved just due to it being so small. I feel like they should be approving an abandoned parcel regardless of size though especially if it borders land you already own.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.