I don't get how it is with this skin creator

rikoriko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought 1000L worth of skins once it said templates and not full perm skins but instead I gotten skins that were full perm once but I was wondering are creators able to sell stuff like a couch instead of the couches sculpt maps and textures if it had any? Im asking so I can soon put this behind me.

Not everyone creates everything in SL.  A big portion of the population only buys things.  Another big portion makes a few things and buys the rest. So, yes a creators can and do sell couches without any of the sculpt maps textures, and other things used to create it.  This is quite normal. 

There are kits that contain all these things but they are sold to builders who in turn make the couches.  Most kits specifically prohibit the builder from giving the maps and textures to anyone for any reason.  A builder kit is more expensive than the couch sold at retail, Usually much more.

In your case if the sales description said you were getting templates, you should have gotten the textures used to make skin.  You may have gotten example skins full perm too.  If you did not get the textures, you did not get what was advertised.  Contact the creator and ask for them.  It could well have been just a packing error and they meant to include them.

First off you should talk about the issue with the creator and if it leads nowhere, you could flag the item because it's falsely advertised and/or write a bad review if you bought it on Marketplace and also you could file an AR for Commerce > Failure to deliver product or service, but that's about it.

Templates are generally Photoshop or GIMP files that can't be used directly in SL so there's no way of delivering them to your SL inventory. People selling templates like this usually have a notecard describing where and how you can download the actual template files in with the things they send you in SL. See if there's anything like that in what you got.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.