How do I transfer prims with a region transfer?

Kayaker Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a region with sim extenders that are cusom made to look like they are continuations of the terrain out into the Void Sea. I want to include these as part of the sale (yes, I have transfer permission on them). How do I include these as part of the region transfer? I see the button in setting a parcel for sale that has the option to include prims when someone buys a parcel. If I set that before the region transfer, do the prims get tansfered to the new owner with the land? Or should I set that option and then have them buy the whole parcel with the prims before starting the transfer? (If they then back out it might be a hassle to get ownership of all the prims back). I could mark everything for sale for L$0 in place, but I don't want to have to do that with every tree... What is the best practice for transfering all the prims with the region?

Ah, you should have stressed one thing! The objects that I want to transfer, have to be marked as "next owner can transfer", or they will not transfer with the parcel. The land sold sooner than I expected, and for a while I thought I had given away the store, in the form of my vending machines. But none of them were marked TRANS so they all still belone to me. WHEW!

Problem is, many prims I planed on transfering. Now I have to mark those as for sale in place and let the new owner buy them...

Kayaker Magic wrote:

Ah, you should have stressed one thing! The objects that I want to transfer, have to be marked as "next owner can transfer", or they will not transfer with the parcel. The land sold sooner than I expected, and for a while I thought I had given away the store, in the form of my vending machines. But none of them were marked TRANS so they all still belone to me. WHEW!

Problem is, many prims I planed on transfering. Now I have to mark those as for sale in place and let the new owner buy them...

I'm confused. It shouldn't actually matter what the next owner permissions are, but rather whether your permissions include transfer. ("Matter", that is, to their eligibility for being sold with the parcel. If they aren't set to also allow that next owner to transfer them, they may be perfectly worthless after that initial transfer with the parcel sale, but they should have transfered nonetheless, if things work as I'd always understood.)

But it's confusing because you also mention there were prims you planned on transfering that you now need to mark as for sale (original). Those, too, should have transfered with the parcel if it was set to include objects in sale... unless those, too, are no-transfer for you, in which case you couldn't set them for sale anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.