Help with an odd situation....

Alison Rebane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, I'm not too familiar how tier and stuff works with deeding combined with a private region owned by someone else. I've always just owned my own land straight-up, but now we've got a second smaller parcel elsewhere.

So here's the situation:

The land was owned by someone else, who we'll call Person A. The group for the land was set to a group owned by me, but was not deeded. We needed to deed the land for one night to make something work, so now the land is "group owned." The region itself is owned by someone different, who we'll call Person B. Person A was paying Person B for the land before it was group owned.

Okay, so after tonight we don't need it deeded anymore (or more accurately, we actually want to deed it to a different group later, but either way.) So I want to sell the land back to Person A for L$1. Here's the thing... There are objects on the land which:

• Were placed by Person A (original owner,) have a group of my group, and were placed before the deeding
  • Were placed by another person, Person C, have a group of my group, and were placed before the deeding
  • Were placed by Person C, have a group of my group, AFTER the deeding
  • Were placed by yet another person, Person D, have a group of my group, AFTER the deeding

So my questions are...

1. How does only having the land group owned for one night affect tier for Person A, and land use credits for the group?
  2. Will any items disappear upon selling the land back to Person A? Will items placed before and after the deeding behave differently in this regard?
  3. How, if at all, is Person B (the region owner) play into this? If Person A was paying Person B before, but now it's group owned, I'm not sure how that mix of group land credits and what is owed Person B works out

My instincts tell me that 1) I'm going to have to increase my own personal tier to pay for the land use credits and Person A will still have to pay their amount, but I'm not sure if the fact that it's not mainland changes this, and 2) Anything placed after deeding will be deleted and thus should be taken before the land is sold... but I'm not sure on either of those. As to point 3, I have no idea.

Any help would soooo be appreciated!

Land "owned" in a private region does not effect land tier that is paid directly to LL on a monthly basis.  There is no need to contribute land tier to a group if the land is on a private region as well.  Land tier payments and group tier contributions only apply to Linden mainland.

I'm going to let someone else take the object ownership question as I'm not 100% sure what would happen in your situation.  I know you can sell the land with all objects, so you shouldn't loose anything.  I'm just not sure how that effects the object ownership.

--Cinn

Objects and items placed on the land and not group owned (owned by the individual who placed the object or item) will not be effected in any way..........they will remain owned by the individual who placed them.  And, if I remember correctly from when I sold my group owned land to my alt and back to me a long time ago, all the objects and items remain on the land and remain owned the the group until taken back by the owner of the group.  I never deleted my old group so I don't know for sure what happens if the group is deleted.  I think nothing since eventually my old group did get deleted when everyone left it a few months later.......I still have group owned objects (some that are probably original objects placed under the old group) and individual objects that are not group owned.  I really don't think anything drastic happens but I can't swear to it.  I would not delete the old group (or abandon it by ejecting everyone and leaving) until all the objects and items were taken  back and replaced under the new group. 

On a private estate there is no discounted tier for premium members or such a thing as group liability for the tier.  So whatever the tier is for a piece of land, it must be paid in full by the person who originally bought the land before deeding it to the group.

When selling/transferring the land back and forth just be sure of these things

1.  If the lot was owned by a group or person with more than one lot on the sim then all the lots that person or group owns share their prim allotments, Make sure the lot being transferred will support the number of prims on it before you do the transfer. Remove any excess prims or the server will return items randomly.  Have any item removed that the new owner doesn't want there or return them to the owners.
  2. Make sure auto return is turned off prior to the transfer or items that are not owned by the new owner may be returned.
  3. Always sell the land for 1L to a specific person and don't just set it for sale in general, or a land bot may swoop in and buy it.  The new owner can then set or deed the land to a group if they so desire
  4. Only choose to sell the land with objects if you intend to transfer the objects ownership to the new owner. Objects will only be transferred if they are transferable and owned by the person or group transferring the land.  Copy only objects will not be transferred.
  5. Always check the convanent and notify the estate owner, what you are going to do so their is no misunderstanding and clarify with them who will be responsible for the tier and when the first tier is due and how much.  Some estates require the full tier be paid in full upon transfer regardless of circumstance. Others will give the new owner credit for any tiers that are paid in advance if the former owner instructs them to do this.  If the former owner doesn't instruct them about this they may or may not receive a refund of any advanced tiers paid depending on the the estates policy.

Finally a word of advice to protect ownership of an object and to make editing a configuration notecard for a scripted object easier.  Never deed an object to a group unless its a radio or media player.  Don't even do this if the radio or media player comes with a land relay that can be deeded to the group instead.  For non media objects setting an object to group should be sufficient for most circumstances. If you want to share it with other members of the group, check 'share with group' in the edit box for the object.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.