Donate land

DelizaLove

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

DelizaLove wrote:

Why would I donate land ? Also I'm looking to buy a 1/4 sims. That would be 16384sqm right ? To get this piece of land I can only buy from other players right?

You can also purchase Mainland land from the Land Auction.

http://usd.auctions.secondlife.com/

To understand the benefits of donating land to a Group (It then becomes "Group Owned"), see this article:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Group-owned-land/ta-p/700079

If you "donate" land to your group, you get and extra 10% before the tier goes up to the next level if you are premium and buying mainland.

For security reasons, it's always a good idea to have a group set up that you have yourself and any alts as members of that you deed your land to, when you can. That enables you to set autoreturn on and to set no build or object entry to any except your group. Entirely up to you though.

zindra.JPG

The only Adult Mainland is on Zindra.

There is a lot for sale (the yellow squares) but Zindra is expensive.

Is there a reason you want Adult? 

Doing a random check of several parcels the cheapest I could find was $6L per sqm.  You can find Mature Mainland very easily for $1L per sqm.

It doesnt really matter where it is as long as people can teleport there, of course some existing traffic is always good ;) On the auctions there are just a few, should I check the forum instead ?

When I buy land like 4096sqm or whatever, then Im paying the owner of the land a one time fee and then I pay monthly/weekluy rent to the owner of the region right ?

Depends on the set up. If you are on a private sim, some have a buy in or a minimum amount you need to rent for and then you have your weekly/monthy rent. Same for rentals on the mainland. If you are premium and buy the land, then you only have your monthly tier that goes to LL. If you decide to rent, be very careful that you rent with a reputable rental group and not one that will disappear on you with your money and you're left with your stuff returned and no place to put it.

I agree with just looking at the maps in world to find land. Auctions and advertisements are often higher than what you may find just looking around. On the downside looking around can be time consuming.  You can get lucky though. I personally prefer looking around so I can assess things like neighbors and sim traffic.

In your search, you can look for land for sale. I believe that lists all land for sale. You can specify mainland or private islands and the size you want. I've found a lot of land I've had over the years that way. As for auctions, I've actually found them cheaper. They start a 0.5L/sq meter.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.