Dividing Land Between Groups

Reo Ninetails

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello I have a question for all of you smart people out there.

I have land that is deeded to a group, except one small parcel needs to be set to a different group to allow it to be used for a residential area so only people in that group can build.

That small parcel only has a prim limit of about 170 prims. Even though I am the owner of the group that owns the rest of the land, and I also own that small parcel, is there a way to have the prim "pool" of both parcels be combined?Obviously a residential building will take up more than a hundred prims. (I'll mention that this small parcel used to be deeded to my other group but was resold to myself so I could change the group on it)

Or I guess another approach would be to set all of the land to myself and then parcel it up (before setting/deeding to any groups) and set it to the different groups.

Since I own the land, the different parcels would still draw from the same prim "pool" correct?

But I still want the officers in my group to have their security settings.

I'm pretty lost here so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

In the end, the result I would like to have is, all of my land be deeded to my main group (so my members can have their privlages) and that small parcel set to a different group, but still draw from the total allowed prims in my region OR at least have enough allowed prims for me to build my apartment complex and have a little room left over for people in that residential group to build in.

All parcels in the same region with the same owner share a pool of Land Impacts.  Group owned parcels (Deeded) have the group as owner.  That means they aren't able to share in some other groups pool of Land Impacts.

You could sell yourself all the land.  Then, with you as the owner, all the Land Impacts are in one pool.  Each parcel could still be set to whatever groups you want.  But not deeded.

Reo Ninetails wrote:

Is there anyway to set some people to have eject/ban options n stuff still?

I haven't played with non-deeded, set to group land for years.  So I don't have a good way to check.  There is this item I found which gets into group abilities:

http://www.desperationisle.com/2007/09/knowing-when-to-deed-your-land.html

There is the option to use scripted devices owned by the land owner to eject and ban at the direction of other people.  Who is authorized and has what abilities determined by the scripts mechanisms rather than group roles.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.