Counting Prims over 100 Avis

CandiZazzles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What is the best way to go when you have over 200 tenants for the prim counter to work correctly seeing the limit is 100 avatars per parcel.. subdivide the land into parcels for 100 avatars each parcel or would you recommend using two rental servers per 100 avatars like 100 on hippotech and 100 on casperlet? The main goal is to keep the whole region one parcel and not subdivide. 

Cella Core wrote:

Actually the limit is up to100 per full region

up to 20 on a homestead region

it doesnt matter which rental service you use you just cannot change those LL settings

She can have 200 tenants.  But only 100 max could get to their homes at any given time.

Shady if you ask me, but doable.

We don't actually know that these are residential tenants.  We also, however, don't know why such high-overhead rental systems are being considered for this application. I don't think either one of them is really appropriate for scaling to this level, and the combination of them even worse, so I'm guessing that some completely different approach would make more sense if only we understood what these tenants were actually renting.

Qie Niangao wrote:

We don't actually know that these are
residential
tenants.  We also, however, don't know why such high-overhead rental systems are being considered for this application. I don't think either one of them is really appropriate for scaling to this level, and the combination of them even worse, so I'm guessing that some completely different approach would make more sense if only we understood what these tenants were actually renting.

Right.  I didn't think of Merchant Stalls/Stores.  Which would make more sense.

I do know of a few SIMs that are part Residential and part "Social Area."  These are homestead with 20 rental units.  However they do dances occasionally at the Social Area with guests allowed.  I've seen them max out their 20 Ava's.  A paying resident could suddenly find themself unable to get to their home.

(I'm more residential minded than business minded.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.