Considering moving a sim to the Blake Sea area - some questions

Venetia Cazalet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

I suppose the first questions is whether it is possible to move a sim to this area?

I would want the sim to be stand alone and not connected to other sims, with sailable water on all aspects and ability to sail directly to the Blake Sea or other sailing areas. The sim I want to move is beach themed partly residential and with an active club and dance theatre in the sky over the central lake.

How can I tell from the map which areas have sailable water and access to the Blake Sea and other sailing areas? This would be a very expensive mistake if I got it wrong.

I have read quite a lot about this area of SL and the rules and regs but can't find anything that helps answer my questions. I can be contacted by IM in world, or at venetiacazalet@gmail.com. or just reply here.

Any help, links or contact names would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Venetia Cazalet

You can't do this.  There has to be at least on void region between your private region and any other region not in your estate that is not a void region. 

There are some private sims at the eastern edge of the Blake Sea, but they belong to the group that worked with LL to create the Blake Sea originally.  They do not allow other sims to connect to their estate.

Map of the Blake Sea from the Wiki:

Blake_Sea_v8.jpg

Hi,

In addition:

Your only option to have direct access to the blake sea is buying a parcel (or region) on mainland, which is conected to the blake sea. Check out the east coast of the Nautilus continent if there are any available. Attaching a private estate to any sim or region of the mainland is not possible.

Property prices in the area are amoungst the most expensive in Second Life.

This first requirement doesn't make sense:

• I would want the sim to be stand alone and not connected to other sims, with sailable water on all aspects and ability to sail directly to the Blake Sea or other sailing areas. The sim I want to move is beach themed partly residential and with an active club and dance theatre in the sky over the central lake.

You can't be connected and not connected at the same time, it is one or the other. Since you want to be connected. I am not really sure what you are trying to get at.

It is not quite as impossible as others are suggesting to have a private sim that will sail to the Blake Sea. There are several landowners with private sims adjoining the Blake Sea. Since they have added sims, then so can others through whatever route they took with Linden Lab.. although I strongly suspect they are unlikely to consider moving an individual sim. Those that have sims adjoining the Blake and around that area of mainland all manage multiple sims. So not impossible to move or have a private sim, but to move one sim yourself with Linden help seems very unlikely.

What might be more possible, is to talk to one of those landowners about them taking on your sim moving it to the Blake and then renting it back to you, There would be a cost involved I am sure as moving sims costs money and also a cost to you in that they will have restrictions on how you develop the sim so it fits in with the area of the estate you are moving it too. They may even require a rezz area, and will require you allow object access to everyone. Also being linked to mainland it might have an avatar limit of 40 people like mainland does, which might be a show stopper for your club and idea.

Nber Medici would be the land owner I chiefly think of who owns alot of the United Sailing Sims, but there are others like the people behind the Seychelles area Irish Estates or something. I am not saying they will do this, but it is possible if you can make a case that your sim will add something of value to the area that they might.

Since you are asking questions like "How can I tell from the map which areas have sailable water and access to the Blake Sea and other sailing areas? This would be a very expensive mistake if I got it wrong." It seems to me you really need to be doing a lot more homework before making a decision or contacting anyone about your idea. They will be very cautious, if you don't know the basics.

(There is a hud availabale at yacht clubs that shows object entry conditions on adjoining parcels... You can also use the minimap and have parcels turned on, which with practice will allow you to spot linden owned through routes)

Before approaching anyone, I would take your time to do some research yourself, Get yourself a boat, join some sailing clubs and go exploring to see what the area is like, what people use it for and what they value about the area.

Aethelwine wrote:

This first requirement doesn't make sense:
  • I would want the sim to be stand alone and not connected to other sims, with sailable water on all aspects and ability to sail directly to the Blake Sea or other sailing areas. The sim I want to move is beach themed partly residential and with an active club and dance theatre in the sky over the central lake.

You can't be connected and not connected at the same time, it is one or the other. Since you want to be connected. I am not really sure what you are trying to get at.

It is not quite as impossible as others are suggesting to have a private sim that will sail to the Blake Sea. There are several landowners with private sims adjoining the Blake Sea. Since they have added sims, then so can others through whatever route they took with Linden Lab.. although I strongly suspect they are unlikely to consider moving an individual sim. Those that have sims adjoining the Blake and around that area of mainland all manage multiple sims. So not impossible to move or have a private sim, but to move one sim yourself with Linden help seems very unlikely.

What might be more possible, is to talk to one of those landowners about them taking on your sim moving it to the Blake and then renting it back to you, There would be a cost involved I am sure as moving sims costs money and also a cost to you in that they will have restrictions on how you develop the sim so it fits in with the area of the estate you are moving it too. They may even require a rezz area, and will require you allow object access to everyone. Also being linked to mainland it might have an avatar limit of 40 people like mainland does, which might be a show stopper for your club and idea.

Nber Medici would be the land owner I chiefly think of who owns alot of the United Sailing Sims, but there are others like the people behind the Seychelles area Irish Estates or something. I am not saying they will do this, but it is possible if you can make a case that your sim will add something of value to the area that they might.

Since you are asking questions like "How can I tell from the map which areas have sailable water and access to the Blake Sea and other sailing areas? This would be a very expensive mistake if I got it wrong." It seems to me you really need to be doing a lot more homework before making a decision or contacting anyone about your idea. They will be very cautious, if you don't know the basics.

(There is a hud availabale at yacht clubs that shows object entry conditions on adjoining parcels... You can also use the minimap and have parcels turned on, which with practice will allow you to spot linden owned through routes)

Before approaching anyone, I would take your time to do some research yourself, Get yourself a boat, join some sailing clubs and go exploring to see what the area is like, what people use it for and what they value about the area.

They would probably need to convince these land owners that they would  abide by the Blake Sea Code of Conduct and the other agreements that were involved in forming the Blake Sea.

For reference for anyone intersted, A Brief History of the Blake Sea.

i think the main reason why individuals cant hook up their sim to the mainland is bc Mainland Estate is supposed to be a predictable landmass

if we could hookup to mainland then could end up with a here today gone tomorrow scenario. Which is no biggie for the appearring/disappearing sim owners but might be a bit unpredictable for the actual Mainland Estate parcel owners along the edges. Many who bought those edge sims/parcels for the void view

+

like is one thing for the Estate Owner (LL) to build you out by extend their estate

Is quite another for some random resident to go ooh! nice view thanks much. And oh! you are only a scrubby mainlander so stop moaning ok and just get back behind that ghetto wall I just block you with ok

• 1 month later...

Aside from Blake Sea there's another estate cluster linking Corsica and Nautilus - until recently sailable, now thanks to orb+banlines impassable.

If I am not mistaken there's also a handful or so of private estate sims connected around Corsica, but I may very well be wron about that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.