Conaletta

Best viewer for RLV ?

[ Edited ]

A while ago I went to an old Sim I used to be on, which unfortunately changed a bit much for my taste...but that's not the issue (yes, this was on one of my older avs) and everything looked weird because the current scripts running in some places are different from the RLV viewer I was using.

So someone reccomended Phoenix to me, or Firebird (but that's for SL v 2) (I think it is called),

so I downloaded and installed Phoenix since it is like SL viewer 1 (I can't work with viewer 2, I don't understand a thing about it).

I must say that so far I really like Phoenix viewer and that it was a huge improvement.

However, I've read that Phoenix viewer might not work so good with RLV anymore, that it is outdated.

My question is, are there better SL viewer 1 clone-like viewers which are better than Phoenix and keep RLV

updated ?

Which one would you reccomend, and why ?

Heart Brimmer
Topics: 20

Re: Best viewer for RLV ?

Reply to Conaletta - view message

Conaletta wrote:

A while ago I went to an old Sim I used to be on, which unfortunately changed a bit much for my taste...but that's not the issue (yes, this was on one of my older avs) and everything looked weird because the current scripts running in some places are different from the RLV viewer I was using.

So someone reccomended Phoenix to me, or Firebird (but that's for SL v 2) (I think it is called),

so I downloaded and installed Phoenix since it is like SL viewer 1 (I can't work with viewer 2, I don't understand a thing about it).

I must say that so far I really like Phoenix viewer and that it was a huge improvement.

However, I've read that Phoenix viewer might not work so good with RLV anymore, that it is outdated.

My question is, are there better SL viewer 1 clone-like viewers which are better than Phoenix and keep RLV

updated ?

Which one would you reccomend, and why ?

Firestorm is a better viewer for RLV and is easy to modify to get it to look more like V1. Give it a try. I promise you will like it. 

Perrie Juran

Conaletta wrote:

There are a number of video tutorials available that cover the basics of Firestorm that really do not take that long to watch.

I use FS in hybrid mode which is close to the Phoenix layout.

Sure there was a small learning curve at the beginning, but in the long run it has saved me more time than I lost learning it.

Conaletta

Thanks, I might look into that.

Keep the suggestions coming.

I saw other viewers being mentioned, but I forgot their names.

Contributor
Cerise Sorbet

[ Edited ]

If you want a "V1 flavor" viewer with recent RLV, the Singularity (TPVd listed) or Cool VL (not listed) viewers maybe your best bets. 

Conaletta

[ Edited ]

I'll check those out as well. :womanhappy:

What is TPVd ?

Syo Emerald
Topics: 26

TPV = third party viewer

On the internet nobody knows you are a dog.
Contributor
Cerise Sorbet

Third party viewer directory. Some prefer to stick to viewers listed on it.

Conaletta

I'm trying out Singularity now, but I can't view my character from the front while moving.

Any idea how to fix this, if possible ?

Heart Brimmer
Topics: 20

Conaletta wrote:

I'm trying out Singularity now, but I can't view my character from the front while moving.

Any idea how to fix this, if possible ?

If I remember correctly you have to use the camera controls to view from the front, but on Singularity, you can't see mesh. I don't however think you can walk and view your avie. I think that's only on firestorm, but I could be wrong. Perhaps someone who has used that viewer recently can tell you more.