Auction - "You should update your account"?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been trying to bid on some auctions, and I keep getting a little error that says "You should update your account."

I'm not sure what this could mean. I'm active on SL right now, i have had a premium membership for months, and all my payment info is working.

What could be going wrong? What is there to "Update"? 

This is my first time trying to use the auctions, maybe there's something I haven't figured out.

Any help?

Presumably not, so if that's really the URL, you're right. On the other hand, it could look like that URL and be a phishing site, which was sorta my point. (In fact, I might guess you were at ld.auctions.secondlife.com, not id.auctions.secondlife.com -- although it doesn't matter anyway, since it's on the secondlife.com domain... and for that matter id.etc may exist despite not being found with nslookup.)

So... I haven't encountered that error message myself. I suppose the auction on which you wanted to bid might already be closed, making this moot. The auction site does always make me login again, despite being logged in on other tabs, and I've never known what that's about. It might pay to clear browser cache, close all browser windows and relaunch. Or maybe try on another browser or even a different machine, because you've otherwise covered all obvious bases, already having payment info linked to an unexpired credit card.

[ETA: You could possibly try calling the billing support number about this, since it seems to be related to the account's payment info. Also... I'm quite sure that this was never necessary, but conceivably they could have changed it so you'd need to raise your permissible tier level to cover the land you might win. I *really* doubt it, though.]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.