Are there any themed community sims in SL? Do people prefer community lifestyle or seclusion?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

Hope 2015 is treating you well so far and that all is well. I'm an oldie in SL (over 9 years) and have been feeling the "lonely island syndrom" for a while now. I've searched high and low for a themed sim with sidewalks, community areas and events, etc and have had no success. The closest I've come is the Grove Country Club Estates. It's a beautiful sim, but it's super pricey. It also reminds me of those "rich" neighborhoods in RL where everyone keeps to themselves and no one ever talks o each other...

So now I'm back to square one and am starting to wonder if I'm the only one interested in this type of community in SL. I'm not interested in role play since I'm a new mom in RL and don't have the time for that. I just want to be part of a community where when I do find the time to log in, I have something to look forward to.

Most of the friends I had when I first joined SL either don't log in anyore or log in when I'm offline. Since my time is limited, I rarely am able to make it to events or stay for an entire one, I would love to simply be a part of a community so that SL doesn't feel so lonely anymore.

It would be awesome to find a sim where I can take a walk on the sidewalk and see all the pretty houses that are setup. One with community areas, like a park or lake where folks can meet up to chat or hold community events. One where there are no ban lines and ugly for sale signs floating in the air. One where every plot owner feels like they're part of a family...

Is this wishful thinking? Does anyome know if a sim like this already exist? If I were to one day decide to create an environment like this, would anyone be interested in being a part of it? I would love your input. Thanks in advance.

I'm a co-owner/manager of a new community in SL based around creativity, building & helping new residents. We have awesome builders making amazing builds, a fun train ride, building contests, & a community of new users who could really benefit from the experience of an oldie resident. We're planning an art exhibit in March with moving bubble dome exhibits by SL artists. We don't have RL-style residential homes, but we do have alot of fun playing around with bumper cars & stuff like that, whatever someone wants to make, rez & play with.

Come check out Dream Creation. We're friendly & fun.

There are lots of community estates around in Second Life.  It just depends on what exact theme you want.  It sounds like you want present day.  There's quite a few that are meant to be like small towns.  Based on what you said about looking at the Grove, I would recommend having a look at two estates.  They're "physically" connected but run by different groups.  One is called Masoma and the other is called Honeybriar.  Both use nice homes and other builds from some of the best builders around.  

There are several others of the same type, some may be equally nice, but those are my favorites of the big (five sims +) present day communities.  

Hi Princess,

I'd like to suggest a visit to Wright Islands - a fairly new present day community that is looking to make a mark in SL. I would like to know what you think about what the owners have put together for the residents. BTW, I'm not an owner - just a friend.  if you have any suggestions for things or activities you would like to see let me know.

Thanks,

Redd

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm working on populating a themed community. Birchdale, we're new, we have a pub, apartments, homes of many sizies, a park, and a small fishing area, we're adding in a beach swimming area in the next few days. We're looking for folks who don't mind a bit of loose roleplay now and again, fun and shenanigans, kids running around, everyone hanging out and just generally enjoying a community that isn't focused on more rules than you can count. Come check us out.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Birchdale/59/161/25

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.