soo i entered 10,000 lin and clicked buy and entered my pass

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh for heavens sake.

How about you do what about a dozen people have already suggested, and you spend some time looking at all the tutorials that are available , rather than giving the Forum this seemingly endless stream of consciousness about all the things you don't understand?

Do you have payment info on file?

If YES, then you've probably bought 10',000 $L, which presumably is what you intended when you typed 10'000 and clicked BUY.

If NO, then all you've done is half-fill-in the buying form and then rushed here to tell everyone.

Rosie Eun wrote:

Oh for heavens sake.

How about you do what about a dozen people have already suggested, and you spend some time looking at all the tutorials that are available , rather than giving the Forum this seemingly endless stream of consciousness about all the things you don't understand?

If YES, then you've probably bought 10',000 $L, which presumably is what you intended when you typed 10'000 and clicked BUY.

If NO, then all you've done is half-fill-in the buying form and then rushed here to tell everyone.

i thought clicking buy would take me to a buying form so i could see how much CAD id be paying but all it did is refresh 

i dont wnat be charged 10,000 + what ever i decide on when i do decide to get lins o.O

Splatulated wrote:

Rosie Eun wrote:

Oh for heavens sake.

i thought clicking buy would take me to a buying form so i could see how much CAD id be paying but all it did is refresh 

i dont wnat be charged 10,000 + what ever i decide on when i do decide to get lins
o.O

You got already told in your other thread, that L$ are not paid with CAD but with US $ and therefore you do not get displayed what you pay in CAD. We told you to check the current exchange rate on the internet.

Again: look at some of the tutorials on SL.

Google stuff if you don't want to follow the links other people have shown you.

Please, try to learn about these things BEFORE you click the Accept button in SL. People have been really helpful and to be honest, I'm starting to wonder why when you seem to have no willingness to learn from them.

While it's great you want to dive right into Second Life and learn as much as you can, it seems like you are moving a bit too fast.  You need to slow down and take some time to research the things you want to do.  As people have already said, there are lots of places to find info about SL, such as Google, YouTube.  Even after being on SL for 4 years, I still use those to find info on things that I don't know.  You have been here only 10 days and have more posts to this forum than I have in 4 years, while everyone here is more than willing to help you, do some research on your problem before you come here with each and every question.  Also, if you do some looking, you will find inworld groups that cater to helping new to SL people, groups are usually the quickest way to get the answers you are looking for. 

so in order buy lin a credit card has to be permanently instaleld onto my account ? ...

i dont have my own only family member with paypal closed it due to getting charged $100.00 3 times in a row for something they have never used 

and i doubt a single family member would be willing to permanently put their credit card on my account 

the rare times they do use their credit card for me on stuff is when they know they can block my access to it so as not risk me spending their money (which i wouldnt do in 1st place but i understand it as a necessary precaution because what if my account gets compromised or something ...)

and before you suggest i get my own I don't want monthly fees for something i would use once 

and before you say paypal  i tried, it got hacked during sign up and i cant add it to a new account because it already is on an account but since its not registered not even the paypal company can add it to a new account for me (they tried multiple times and told me sorry but is nothing we can do)

If you have no payment information on your account, then you can't buy any $L.

Did you look at your account balance to see if there is a sudden extra 10'000$L there.

Please PLEASE stop these inane questions and READ or WATCH some tutorials.

Rosie Eun wrote:

If you have no payment information on your account, then you can't buy any $L.

Did you look at your account balance to see if there is a sudden extra 10'000$L there.

Please PLEASE stop these inane questions and READ or WATCH some tutorials.

i wanted to see how to go through adding lin so i could direct family member on how to so i could pay them back the money the next day or if early enough in the day with in an hour of their credit being charged 

Oh Lordy.

I was posting because I thought I might be able to offer you some help for your multiple SL problems. I guess that's why all the other people who've been posting in reply to your many, many questions have been.

You've made it very clear that you're either too stupid or too lazy to follow the suggestions that you've been given. You've been telling us all about your "family" and their financial circumstances. From the previous stuff you've posted, I have no idea if you're talking about your RL family, or a group you've joined in SL.

That's what I don't care about.

I love SL, and have done for many years. Because of the fun it's given me, I wanted to try and help a new member of the SL community.

I've now decided not to bother with that (on the forums anyway) because it is intensely irritating to be engaged with your refusal to take heed of anyone's advice.

I hope you eventually work out how to do whatever it is you intend to do in SL.

Rosie Eun wrote:

Oh Lordy.

I was posting because I thought I might be able to offer you some help for your multiple SL problems. I guess that's why all the other people who've been posting in reply to your many, many questions have been.

You've made it very clear that you're either too stupid or too lazy to follow the suggestions that you've been given. You've been telling us all about your "family" and their financial circumstances. From the previous stuff you've posted, I have no idea if you're talking about your RL family, or a group you've joined in SL.

That's what I don't care about.

I love SL, and have done for many years. Because of the fun it's given me, I wanted to try and help a new member of the SL community.

I've now decided not to bother with that (on the forums anyway) because it is intensely irritating to be engaged with your refusal to take heed of anyone's advice.

I hope you eventually work out how to do whatever it is you intend to do in SL.

right now i just want know how to make a 1 time purchase of lin with out permanently adding a credit card to my account (because it wont happen)

just wnat get to the spot where have lin to be purchased and then it wants credit info and that is when i let family member fill in rest of info not sharing any of it with me and i go to bank to refund them 

Syo Emerald wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Rosie Eun wrote:

Oh for heavens sake.

i dont wnat be charged 10,000 + what ever i decide on when i do decide to get lins
o.O

You got already told in your other thread, that L$ are not paid with CAD but with US $ and therefore you do not get displayed what you pay in CAD. We told you to check the current exchange rate on the internet.

Seems silly that CAD won't show becaue when I buy I see how much I will pay in AUD just under the select payment method.

OP... simple question... Did you get the Linden? Yes, then sell them back and cash out to get most of your money back. No, then why worry.

But having asked that question the answer is no, didn't.

The steps are:

1. Buy or Place your limit buy.

2. Key in your password

3. Select your payment method, Credit card or Paypal (This is where the CAD value will be shown if your crdit card is the default payment method)

4. Press the button to actually buy.

If you see the CAD value, just like I see my AUD value every single time I limit buy, and close the window at that point there is no charge. ONLY if you approve at that credit card/paypal select screen do you get the charge.

When you press that button you get an email that says delivery happened, or one that says it failed.

Splatulated wrote:

right now i just want know how to make a 1 time purchase of lin with out permanently adding a credit card to my account (because it wont happen)

just wnat get to the spot where have lin to be purchased and then it wants credit info and that is when i let family member fill in rest of info not sharing any of it with me and i go to bank to refund them 

Use an exchange, such as Virwox or Anshe. 

OR

Enter your card, buy, delete your card.

Pay very close attention because I am going to post some screen shots for you.

First of all your account shows that you have POIF (Payment Info On File) so at some point in the short time you have been here you did enter something.

payment info.jpg

These next three screenshots are very important.

I used my dashboard but you can see clearly where you need to look.  I've balcked out my own personal info.

First shows your account history, how much real money you have spent.

account history.JPG

Next shows your Linden Dollar Balance, all your Linden Dollar transactions:

transaction.JPG

Last but not least this shows the payment method you have on file.  If you have a payment method it is possible you got charged if you got as far as the cashier/confirm order page.  But the above windows will tell you if you did or not.

payment info.jpg

If you did screw up there is no way to 'reverse.'

If you didn't complete the order it has more than likely vanished and you have no problem.  If you exit the order before completing, Linden Lab does not keep it pending.

If you got 10K L's then you bought them and there is no way to abort it. 

There is no way to buy lindens on the lindex without having your payment information on file.  When you buy lindens you don't get 'options' or asked to confirm once you press the buy button.  Whatever payment option you have on file is charged.  You should only use your own credit card or paypal account, not someone elses, to avoid having that person charged for mistakes YOU made.

Having payment options on file does not mean you will be automatically charged anything, unless you own a private region or are a premium member.  Then the monthly fees are charged.

You may be able to purchase L's using an authorized third party seller, but you do it at your own risk.  No Payment information need be on file with LL.  LL will not reimburse you if something goes wrong.  It is also more expensive because these sellers have to buy L's on the Lindex and don't get any discounts.  So they will add to your cost to make a profit.  See the Second Life Wiki to get a list of Authorized Resellers. 

You may not purchase L's from any place else, including SL friends, as it is against the Terms of Service and you could be banned.

Finally in addition to all the other things people have mentioned, you should look things up in the Knowledge Base, (points to the tab so labled at the top of your screen) or the Second Life Wiki, which you can google.  If you still can't find an answer, ask your questions about SL in the Answers section (Points to the tab at the top of your screen.)  Questions you have about things you buy in SL should be addressed to the creator or their customer service or support group.  See the creators profile for more information.

Splatulated wrote:

and page refeshed 

have i just been charged 10,000 lin with out it even asking me to confirm / enter any payment options ???

how do I abort
o.O

As usual give us half the story or break your question up between the title and body. You expect us to tease out the meaning from obfuscation, misspellings and **bleep**ty grammar.

I and others have tried hard to guide you through the early stages of SL's admittedly tortuous learning process, but enough is enough! 

So let's untangle what happened from your fractured explanation. You asked to buy L$10,000 (we call them L$, sweetie,  not 'lins'; please try to pick up the terminology of the community), entered your password, and were charged for the transaction? How much verification do you think is required? Once you've entered payment details, confirming a transaction with a password is pretty much an accepted confirmation that one wishes to continue.

Let me reiterate for the hard of thinking: You asked to buy L$. You were asked to confirm with your password. You entered your password. They sold you the L$. How much simpler does it have to be for you?

There is no abort. If you'd given the same information to Amazon, or Google games, or <any web service> you'd have just bought whatever they were offering. Start to take some responsibility for your actions.

Lindens Labs is not going to take money from you unless you tell them you want to buy things (or you agree to a regular payment, like a premium account or land tier). Your biggest risk, as far as money theft is concerned, will be your own behaviour. If you think you can control your click-all-the-buttons impulses, make sure you check you're on the right site before entering passwords, never follow payment links in emails, avoid randomly downloading things, and keep your computer's anti-virus and malware systems updated, your risk level is very low.

The issue I see here is you're prone to acting first and asking later. For financial things, it has to be the other way around. You should never click on a buy button if you don't want to buy. This is the area where you need to be more cautious, rather than thinking LL will overcharge you or something.

The same applies to PayPal. The big security hole in the system is the users. They enter their passwords on phishing sites, agree to reoccurring payments they didn't want, and otherwise get themselves into a mess. It's very rare it's actually PayPal at fault.

Hey Spatula, we do not work for LL. We are customers just like you. Why don't you get off your lazy ass and try to help yourself instead of being spoon fed every answer to every question under the sun. Use the knowledge base or the wiki or hey here's an idea, go exploring, a club or get laid!

In other words...

STOP SPAMMING THE BOARDS! 

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

Why don't you get off your lazy ass and try to help yourself instead of being spoon fed every answer to every question under the sun. 

The reason is because as long as people are willing to spoon feed, it is just easier. It's called enabling, and people think it is a way of helping people. But all it does is enable them to remain helpless.

Kelli May wrote:

So let's untangle what happened from your fractured explanation. You asked to buy L$10,000 (we call them L$, sweetie,  not 'lins'; please try to pick up the terminology of the community), entered your password, and were charged for the transaction? How much verification do you think is required? Once you've entered payment details, confirming a transaction with a password is pretty much an accepted confirmation that one wishes to continue.

You reminded me of something funny that happened back in '98. I'd just got into the internet but my brother had been using it for a while. He wanted me to write a shopping cart and he was explaining what a shopping cart is by demonstrating on a website (QVC) that he'd previously bought from

As an example for me, he clicked to put a £300+ piece of jewellery in his cart. Then he clicked a button to go to his shopping cart. All was well so far. Then he clicked the 'Checkout' button, expecting to be asked to fill in his details. But it didn't ask him. Instead it thanked him for buying the jewellery, and that was that. He'd bought a £300+ piece of jewellery that he didn't want and had no use for - by mistake.

His face was an absolute picture. His jaw dropped and he just stared at the screen, trying to get his head around what had just happened.

The website already had his details so it didn't need to ask for them. That's why it didn't ask. Fortunately, he was able to get the purchase cancelled on the phone, but it was funny. 

welp due to lindens lack of purchase option im unable to get lins 

since family cancelled paypal due to being charged $300.00 for osmething they didnt purchase and still not getting the money back after 2 weeks

they are unwilling to enter credit card info 

why cant they be like other games and accept prepaid options ....

I'm not sure if you know that you can search these forums for answers, it might save you having to ask over and over. 

There is a search bar at the top of the screen 

First.png

type in whatever question you might have, go to the dropdown menu and choose all so that it checks every part of the forum to see if there's already a thread answered that had the same question you do

third.png

I came to the forum all the time looking for answers when I was new, but hardly ever had to post because almost every question there is to ask has already been asked and the answer is already there waiting for you to find it. Like this thread, typing into the search "refunding lindens" brings up a whole slew of threads about the subject. :)

Splatulated wrote:

since family cancelled paypal due to being charged $300.00 for osmething they didnt purchase and still not getting the money back after 2 weeks 

they are unwilling to enter credit card info 

I don't think anyone has asked you this yet, and I am not sure why, but how old are you?  Why can't you acquire and use your own payment info?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.