something steals my lindens

Pimiko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everybody,

I've got the following problem: one day I noticed that something stole some little amount (usually about 2 L$) from my balance then some days later I noticed that again some L$ disappreared. last time I didn't buy anything. the problem appears this year and I haven't seen it b4. may be someone have met alike problem?

Check your account's L$ transaction history. Especially look for items with "Group Liability" in the Detail field.

(If that's what it is, it isn't necessarily anything sinister, especially if the group has been around for a while, because the Everybody role used to get that setting by default. So if the group ever set a group-owned parced to "show in search" or had any classified ads, the members would get dinged for their share of the costs.)

Qie Niangao wrote:

Check your account's
. Especially look for items with "Group Liability" in the Detail field.

(If that's what it is, it isn't necessarily anything sinister, especially if the group has been around for a while, because the Everybody role
used to
get that setting by default. So if the group ever set a group-owned parced to "show in search" or had any classified ads, the members would get dinged for their share of the costs.)

Likewise it can work in your favor.  I was in a group with land that wasn't set to show in search so we never got charged.  But one day when the group owner sold a piece of land we all got a cut. The setting in its entirety reads,"Pay group liabilities and receive group dividends"

ETA, that was when I first leaned about this setting myself.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Charli Infinity wrote:

I have found something to do but not in SL. There are
other games out there
tons of them. It's just dissapointing that SLwas a place that used to be fun but now it has become boring.

To
YOU
... There are plenty of us who don't find it so. Perhaps you are the one that can't take others opinions.

ETA.. there is your issue in a nutshell... SL is NOT a game. You have to find things to do.

Just because my opinion is that SL is boring it doesn't mean I don't accept that you guys don't find it boring. That is my opinion it's you guys that are getting worked up about it like you won't stop til I say SL isn't boring.

irihapeti wrote:

Whiskey Thistle wrote:

Out of interest...what happens if one doesn't pay group liabilities (say, they have 0L in their account) and then decide to quit SL? Is that an outstanding debt?

yes. Your L$ balance goes negative

But what are the consequences?

And it also got me thinking these (silly?) questions.

If there are 100 people in a group and the liabilty is only $30L, how does LL deduct $1/3L from everyone's acccount?

Or if there are 1000 members and the dividend is $100L, how does it get distributed?

Fractions, fractions everywhere!

Perrie Juran wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

Whiskey Thistle wrote:

Out of interest...what happens if one doesn't pay group liabilities (say, they have 0L in their account) and then decide to quit SL? Is that an outstanding debt?

yes. Your L$ balance goes negative

And it also got me thinking these (silly?) questions.

If there are 100 people in a group and the liabilty is only $30L, how does LL deduct $1/3L from everyone's acccount?

Or if there are 1000 members and the dividend is $100L, how does it get distributed?

Fractions, fractions everywhere!

I guess it depends on how negative your balance is.  If its more than some unknown amount, then they could suspend your account until you pay up just like they do when you don't pay your tiers or premium fee.  But would they do that if it were just a few bucks?  Seems to me they'd just get it the next time the avatar puts money in their account.

I belong to a large store group that shares liabilities and dividends.  The groups land is in search.  I get hit up for a dollar once in a great while but not every time so I assume that they rotate an ongoing small liability among the members somehow.  I've never complained about it because for some reason a couple times a year we get dividends too that amount to more than I get charged. As far as a dividend that is small enough that everyone would only get a few pennies if divided among the group, it might be paid to the owner or maybe the owner and officers. 

This all seems logical to me, but LL is not known for its logic so it is only speculation.

Perrie Juran wrote:

not sure that there are any. Have sometimes gone into the negative for days sometimes. It just stays like that until I get some more L$

+

the silliest question evah!!! How come LL dont let me book stuff up? Like on L$ credit. I will defo back pay it one day for sure (:

They're supposed to suspend negative balance accounts - but in practice I'm not if I can recall ever hearing of a case of it.

It can be handy every now and again to look through the groups you're in and make sure none of them are using regular members to fund the group balance without telling you about it (there are after all, certainly cases where this is legit and upfront).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.