"pitches" - OMG, I wrote that nasty word...

Mikki Miles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

looking at a M rating at MP I found out that "pitches" (excuse me for writing this word here) is a no-no-word.

I use it do distinguish musical notes as high, mid or low, and that's the only meaning I know of (I'm not a native english speaker)

Can somebody please explain, why this word leads to a M rating? what did I miss?

The whole Marketplace content filtering system is broken.  Some of the strangest words possible seem to set it off an the Lab don't give us any clue which words those are.  I'm facing the same issue with an AO script I offer for free.  It's just a script for replacing walks and stands.  Animations aren't even included.  Yet it can't be set to G.  I'd have to waste a bunch of time playing 'word sleuth' to find out why. (>_<)

It's annoying, to say the least. (>_<)

Pitches is not a bad word in English, it's not slang for anything that I know of either.

It can therefore be deduced that this "feature" of Marketplace is under the control of someone or a team that are either ridiculously incompetent and frustratingly unaccountable for their actions or NOT in control by anyone yet those who did implement this were ridiculously incompetent and frustratingly unaccountable.

The amount of time expended by merchants dealing with this joke of a feature is beyond justification for it's existence.

This filter really has no good use at all. Anyone who wants to circumvent it, will do so.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Pitches is not a bad word in English,
it's not slang for anything that I know of either.

Pitches itself is not a bad word, but content is everything.  You may not be able to publish pitches on MP but the profile feed is populated with 1000s of them.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Pitches is not a bad word in English, it's not slang for anything that I know of either.

Indeed, not a bad word. Maybe it's rated as M because it rhymes with b*tches? This is more than crazy. :smileyfrustrated:

pitch

noun: pitch; plural noun: pitches

the quality of a sound governed by the rate of vibrations producing it; the degree of highness or lowness of a tone.

"her voice rose steadily in pitch"

the steepness of a slope, especially of a roof.

pitch

verb: pitch; 3rd person present: pitches; past tense: pitched; past participle: pitched; gerund or present participle: pitching

set (one's voice or a piece of music) at a particular pitch.

"you've pitched the melody very high"

set or aim at a particular level, target, or audience.

"he should pitch his talk at a suitable level for the age group"

throw roughly or casually.

"he crumpled the page up and pitched it into the fireplace"

Mikki Miles wrote:

looking at a M rating at MP I found out that "pitches" (excuse me for writing this word here) is a no-no-word.

I use it do distinguish musical notes as high, mid or low, and that's the only meaning I know of (I'm not a native english speaker)

Can somebody please explain, why this word leads to a M rating? what did I miss?

"Hey sailor, let me show you a good time." would be considered a pitch. Though if my experience is representative, it's not a very successful one.

Here are some famous pitchpeople...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2009/04/08/11-craziest-infomercial-pitchmen.html

Pitches can also be these things...

http://mentalfloss.com/article/19853/7-famous-baseball-pitches-and-some-physics-behind-them

Just look at those terms:

And of course, these kinds of pitches require balls, and that's just plain naughty.

Clearly LL is on the ball, protecting us from annoying spam and prurient or outright dangerous ideas.

I think we should right them a collective letter of thanks!

;-).

Sassy Romano wrote:

If that's the case, LL seriously need to
grow the duck up.

Sassy Romano also wrote:

Different thing and they're not related, nor synonyms of each other.

Sassy Romano then wrote:

Almost is not IS. Pitches remains a bogus entry in the retards list.

Is it only fun and proper when you write it?  I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, thanks.

DejaHo wrote:

Is it only fun and proper when you write it?  I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, thanks.

No, simpler.  When it comes to matters of incompetence with regard to the Marketplace word filter, my humour and sarcasm filters when reading, are automatically turned off.  I totally fail to recognise it.

I'd happily have written F instead of D but I know that the equally moronic word filter here would have ****'d it. 

Sassy Romano wrote:

DejaHo wrote:

No, simpler.  When it comes to matters of incompetence with regard to the Marketplace word filter, my humour and sarcasm filters when reading, are automatically turned off.  I totally fail to recognise it.

I'd happily have written F instead of D but I know that the equally moronic word filter here would have ****'d it. 

What words you choose to justify your hypocrisy is ok with me. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3525 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.