Recognized Resident
PADGE Bailey

just been scammed

hello guys I have just been scammed 2000L I met this person and over the last two weeks she said if I gave her 2000L I could view her on Skype I agreed. Now I just got a message to say my friendship has been dissolved?? Is there any comeback I have ?

Thank you

Honored Resident
Naughty Caramel

Re: just been scammed

Reply to PADGE Bailey - view message

Sorry, it sucks, but you were had.  LL won't get involved.

Topics: 30

even if the friendship has been dissolved, you still have her name on your inventory as a calling card, if you have the chat logs saved, you can deliver them to Linden Lab to have your case proved.

there was a case about someone that asked for thousands of lindens to another person and in exchange, she will give him a gold membership, that was not the case, she was reported to Linden Lab and her account got closed.

you can find her calling card under the folder of that name in your inventory, and you can find your chat logs going to the menu Me  / preferences / Privacy / Location of logs

keep your cool.
Recognized Resident
PADGE Bailey

Reply to Canoro Philipp - view message

okay thank you for that. Whereabouts do I contact them at?

Ry0ta Exonar
Topics: 5

Recognized Resident
PADGE Bailey

Reply to Ry0ta Exonar - view message

thank you I am on to it.

Sounds like the hooker made a runner.

Linden Lab does not get involved in disputes between residents. I'm surprised you got the advice you got so far.

What if she simply says she was going to but something about you creeped her out and she changed her mind? Think about it, you're basically saying "she did not deliver on mah virtual prostitution."

Of course I'm sure it is possible that you paid a stranger 2000L just to chat about politics.

"If I hadn't started painting, I would have raised chickens." - Grandma Moses.
Innula Zenovka

[ Edited ]

As I recall, the real "crime" of the woman whose account was closed over the Gold Membership scam was not that she'd conned this chap into believing that a "Gold Membership" card would enable him to see nude pictures of her but that it would also gain him some sort of preferential access to Linden employees, get preferential treatment for his ARs and so on.   

LL says, in terms, that it won't get involved in disputes between residents over unfulfilled agreements of whatever sort:

Linden Lab cannot verify, enforce, certify, examine, uphold, or adjudicate any oath, contract, deal, bargain, or agreement made by the Residents of Second Life. Nor does Linden Lab enforce or uphold rental agreements between Residents. While you may have a valid agreement with another person, Linden Lab is not a party to and cannot resolve your dispute. Please contact the Resident involved and resolve the issue with them.

This is in sharp contrast with their attitude to people who falsely purport to represent them in any way, upon whom they come down like a ton of bricks.

Griffin Ceawlin

Canoro Philipp wrote:
there was a case about someone that asked for thousands of lindens to another person and in exchange, she will give him a gold membership, that was not the case, she was reported to Linden Lab and her account got closed.

That person was banned because she ostensibly misrepresented herself as a Linden, or as someone who could get something for the alleged victim through her "connections" to Lindens. That's a big no-no. This sounds like a very different affair.

:smileymad: I'm only a part-time b*tch :smileywink:
My time inworld is limited, and precious. IMs detailing your bruised ego are unwelcome.
Go to my Forum profile and try a PM instead. I may even respond.
~ My Silly Little Blog ~
Topics: 30

[ Edited ]

Reply to Innula Zenovka - view message

maybe it had to do with this:

--------------------------------------------------

8.2 You will not post or transmit prohibited Content, including any Content that is illegal, harassing or violates any person's rights.

(v) Post, display or transmit Content that is harmful, threatening or harassing, defamatory, libelous, false, inaccurate, misleading, or invades another person's privacy;

Any violation by you of the terms of this Section may result in immediate suspension or termination of your Accounts without any refund or other compensation.

-------------------------------------------------

keep your cool.