how to remove username id from resident name display?

pmuhr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi - in other words, my resident name display shows BOTH my user name as well as my Avitar's name.  I've noticed that most other avitars only display the name of their avitar & wondered how I can get mine to do likewise.

Users like me will only see your display name. I think all users with the standard LL viewer will see just your display name unless they change their preferences. People can choose to see you in wireframe, or use terrible windlight settings, or not see mesh. You really have no control over how people see you.

Bree Giffen wrote:

Users like me will only see your display name. I think all users with the standard LL viewer will see just your display name unless they change their preferences. People can choose to see you in wireframe, or use terrible windlight settings, or not see mesh. You really have no control over how people see you.

no, LL viewer (certainly the latest) displays both by default, never found an option to turn off account name for public view or I'd have done so for account security reasons.

The people that you see with only one name displayed don't have both a user and display names.  What you see is their actual user name.  If they are names with both a first and last name with a space in between, they just came to SL a while back during the time when a user name consisted of a first and last name.  However anyone that has signed up lately gets just the one name and must use a display name to have both a first and last name.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.