be very careful who you trust!

MonieeLy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just want to teach everyone to be extremely careful when trusting anyone in SL. Recently my well trusted best friend came into my sim and she deleted things that belonged to me.

never give edit rights to your items to anyone (if you do make sure you turn it off after they have done what they have 2)

peace huni's xxxxxx Kitty Kool

irihapeti wrote:

i edit mine as well

+

can sympathise with you tho. People can be pretty mean and petty sometimes when relationships end

Tell me about it. Every time I suggest to Maddy that we part ways, she throws a hissy fit like you wouldn't believe. I'm trapped in this relationship by the threat of what she'll do.

Pity me.

Snugs McMasters wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

i edit mine as well

+

can sympathise with you tho. People can be pretty mean and petty sometimes when relationships end

Tell me about it. Every time I suggest to Maddy that we part ways, she throws a hissy fit like you wouldn't believe. I'm trapped in this relationship by the threat of what she'll do.

Pity me.

sorry no pity for you

if you dont get hissed at now and again then is defo something wrong with you. Like you not being truthful when asked if you been naughty

you should just own up and take your hissing at . like be staunch and also try hard to look sorrowful and guilty at the same time. bc you obviously done it. Even if you didnt

once get the hang of guilty all the time then can be naughty as many times as you like. Just have to be staunch about it ok

Innula Zenovka wrote:

When someone deletes an item belonging to you, doesn't it simply return it to your lost and found?   It always seems to do that when my business partner and I are clearing up the building platform, or when I clear up after my messy alts.

If an object has been deeded to group it goes bye bye.

It just seems to be something that many people don't understand that when you deed something that ownership changes.

But I'm not at home so I can't test other scenarios.  Are you deleting or returning?

Perrie Juran wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

When someone deletes an item belonging to you, doesn't it simply return it to your lost and found?   It always seems to do that when my business partner and I are clearing up the building platform, or when I clear up after my messy alts.

It just seems to be something that many people don't understand that when you deed something that ownership changes.

But I'm not at home so I can't test other scenarios.  Are you deleting or returning?

Deleting, but then the stuff isn't normally deeded.   I had thought that deeded items revert to the previous owner when deleted or returned, but clearly not.     Is this regardless of the perms on them?

ETA:  According to the wiki, 

If the items being returned were DEEDED to a group AND NON-COPYABLE, they will be returned to the Resident who originally deeded the objects to the group. If the deeded returned objects were copyable, then the objects will not be returned and merely be deleted.

That's if the items are returned, but I thought it worked the same way if they were deleted. Certainly deleting items that belong to an avatar returns them

havent had a parcel for a while now but as I remember if I deeded my radio to the group-owned land and then I returned it, it came back into my inventory. Am pretty sure that is right bc I used to move a lot when I did have a land and I was always able to take my radio with me

dunno what happens tho if another member of the group has return rights. bc I never allowed anyone else to do that 

MonieeLy wrote:

Just want to teach everyone to be extremely careful when trusting anyone in SL.

Just like you have to be extremely careful of trusting anyone on the internet and in RL too.

Building a trusting relationship in SL takes a lot of months and sometimes years.  Unless this is an alt, you haven't been in SL long enough to really know someone enough to trust them, even if you have spent all your time in SL with them.  I'm sorry this happened and you had to learn the hard way.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Deleting, but then the stuff isn't normally deeded.   I had thought that deeded items revert to the previous owner when deleted or returned, but clearly not.     Is this regardless of the perms on them?

ETA:  

If the items being returned were DEEDED to a group AND NON-COPYABLE, they will be returned to the Resident who originally deeded the objects to the group. If the deeded returned objects were copyable, then the objects will not be returned and merely be deleted.

That's if the items are returned, but I thought it worked the same way if they were deleted. Certainly deleting items that belong to an avatar returns them

my memory could be faulty here but i thought there wasa pop up warning when deleting..

away from home now so can't test to verify

At least it was just things. I had a friend who had given his then girlfriend his password. When they broke up, he forgot about changing it. She went in and had him leave all his groups and defriended everyone. He had to remember the groups on his own but at least, after I told him, he was able to refriend using the calling cards in his inventory.

MonieeLy wrote:

Just want to teach everyone to be extremely careful when trusting anyone in SL. Recently my well trusted best friend came into my sim and she deleted things that belonged to me.

never give edit rights to your items to anyone (if you do make sure you turn it off after they have done what they have 2)

I've never had a problem with people i have trusted and given rights too..

Did they just go insane and decide to start deleting your stuff for no reason?

Usually things like this stem from some sort of trouble that was brewing to bring it on..

Not saying this is your case..

Just saying a lot of times it's the case..

Did they tell you why they did this?

Truer words were never spoken.  I hava an sl stalker who has made me have to dissolve one group and start another without him in it, so that those whom I chose can sitll get onto my property.  I also had to set up a seccurity systen t make sure that he gets bounce if he treis to sneak back into pr property.  He weemed like such a nice and hlepful guy that he got my trust first then moved in for the stalker type.  I couldn't and still can not go to some of my favorite places because he shows up there and bugs me but at least I am safe at home now.  Before he would just pop in at will.  when I asked him why he was doing this he laughed and said he was trying to catch me undressed, sicko!  Thankfully due to some good advice of a friend that I can trust, I am all set up now and he can't get to me when I am at home.  So, definately be careful who you trust indeed!

:matte-motes-evil:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.