Wondering

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm wondering if there is a way that some players are able to detect brand new avis in SL. I've created 2 in the last few days for business purposes and both, at help island, got a TP offer to some club by the same person. I didn't see them at the landing area though. Then, I get an offer of the landmark for one of the freebie places on both avis. Just find it odd.

An avi at the help island could be wearing a scripted object that scans the area and calls llRequestAgentData for everyone else within range. That information can then be relayed to the club owner, who'll issue the TP request. In an area that allows rezzing, someone could drop off a scanner that will do the job unmanned until auto-return tosses it out.

This reminds me of my honeymoon in Europe long ago. We arrived in Rome via train and were greeted at the platform by an uniformed fellow giving out helpful tourist information. He handed us a "When in Rome" brochure and asked if we'd be staying overnight. We were, so he recommended a hotel and wrote the name and address on the brochure.

We walked to the hotel, taking in the sights along the way. When we arrived, the same man was standing behind the service desk, waiting to give us a room.

;-).

Yes, did a test on this a few weeks ago. As best I can work out, it involves 2 bot accounts. The first passively

scans a welcome area to detect new avatars (trivial enough) It then messages a second bot. This second one

sends the 'offer to tp to their location' message. New avatar clicks and voila - tp'd over to the second bot. Slight

variation has the second bot actually coded up to roam within a set area so the new av doesn't actually land

right next to it. And the scanner bot never actually contacts the new av either. Cue very confused new av...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.