Wishing Everyone A Happy Thanksgiving!

Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you, Perrie, and the same to you and to all our fellow USAers.

Thanksgiving has long since become one of my two favorite holidays. The other's Independence Day and that's also USA centric, but that doesn't necessarily make me an ultra-nationalist or anything. I just like the days. On the 4th of July we get to shoot off a whole bunch of fireworks (and maybe at least a little bit remember what this place is supposed to be all about) and who doesn't like fireworks?

Thanksgiving is so much about family and friends. I've been lucky enough to have had years and years of participating in wonderful gatherings with great food (all of which was prepared by just about everyone there, each to his/her own specialty), a lot of really nice Chardonnays along with the occasional Sauvignon Blanc, and the company of family and close friends. I wouldn't trade that for.....anything, I guess. I wouldn't trade that.

ps: I knew I'd forget to mention it. I didn't look at the youtube clip but I did get a kick out of seeing it. That had to be one of the best episodes ever of WKRP. O, the humanity! I'll go watch it now. :-)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks, Perrie!! Happy Thanksgiving to you, and all our U.S. forumites!! This is one of my favorite holidays because I am a direct descendent of Stephen Hopkins of the Mayflower. (Of course, I also have a great grandmother who was 100% Cherokee, so I'm a bit conflicted....lol) 

Thank you, Perrie!

I hope everybody has a wonderful holiday season, surrounded by people who'll tolerate you at least as well as you've all tolerated me over the last year. And if they don't tolerate you, I hope your skin is thick enough to withstand any abuse they hurl in your direction. And if they are hurling abuse in your direction, I hope you earned it.

Now I'm off to earn mine by cooking a traditionally non-traditional Thanksgiving dinner...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kids!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.