Windows 8 Issues

ToriHamilton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I've recently upgraded to Windows 8 and got the video driver message that everyone is getting so I installed the drivers which got it working.

But now When I log into SL all that I see myself is the occassional puff of white clouds. Can someone help me with this? have tried SL Viewer, RLV, Phoneix and Firestorm.

Don't assume a connection between cloud avatar and your new OS.   I had that happen to me yesterday and today, with nothing new about my system.  My guess is that they are having some network problems.  It is a weel known problem.  Here are some suggestions:

Does your SL run slow,  show grey people, crash easily, make you a cloud? 2012

TKR 

i still have windows 7, i5 processor, 1 gb graphics card (nvidea gt9800) have 4 huds running, attachments such as clothing accessories, and i havnt seen myself as a cloud for literally years. sometimes "upgrading" is just a wank and IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT. thats my take on it....i also have increased draw distance. one thing i did do was increase my band width in the viewer and i use pheonix 1691. good luck and NEVER beleive everything they tell you about "new" systems....oh, iand i always use a desk top for SL, never a laptop. 

The "white puff cloud" you (and others) see as their avatar has nothing to do with your operating system (nor your graphics card).  It's related to your connection to the Second Life servers.  Something is not making the round trip to and from your computer.  The fix is finding where that connectiion problem originates doing what is required to resolve the issue.  A good starting place in to reboot your router and modem.  Simply unplug them from their electrical source, wait 3 to 5 minutes then plug them back in.  It's usually a good idea to reboot your computer after doing that to re-establish your Internet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.