The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Nice idea Qwalyphi.  You could make it a bit more complex even.  Allow the vampire to offer a HUD to the intended 'human' then the human gets several options to respond.  For example:

1) scream and run

2) offer the neck

3) drive a stake through the vamp's heart

4) hold up a mirror

5) play 'Decode' by Paramore and see how they react

The vampire's options might be:

1) vault after the human

2) bite!

3) snarl, scream and fall over

4) snarl and ask 'What is that flimsy object?' then cast it from their hands

5) play 'Bad Things' by Jace Everett and see how they react

The possibilities are endless.

This thread should really be moved to the Vampire subforum.

I also think the Vampire subforum should be moved to a Roleplay forum. Then we could have different subforums for different kinds of roleplay. Why should the vampires get all the attention? Don't fighters and Goreans also spend money on huds, equipment & sims?

I think the main problem with many of the vampire role-players in SL is that they don't really care much about role-playing. They want to pretend they're vampires like the ones they've seen in movies, but they apparently don't know how to put themselves into a role like that & act it out in dialog. They want to play dress-up & pretend to be "dark & scary". They get sucked into one of the vampire "role-play" pyramid schemes in SL & seem to believe the only way they can be accepted by others like themselves is by following their rules & spending money on these games.

Fake-biting random people & collecting their pseudo-souls doesn't make you "dark & scary", powerful or liked by people you want to like you. It just provides more money to the people creating these games.

I can understand why people like the vampire mystique, but there are more effective ways to express it than by spending money on huds & virtual potions. If it's the combat & point collection aspect you like, then I guess these games make sense. Maybe the vampire families & lineage provide a sense of connection in a largely disconnected world too. But if you just want to pretend to be a vampire, you can do so within groups that don't make you spend money to belong.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.