Why Do SO Many Ppl Act Like Vultures in These Forums?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define "vulture" please. 

One speaking their mind and another not liking what was said is not being a "vulture".  I could be defined as a vulture when I decide to jump in on some rant or whine or someone venting over nothing.  That's why I want a definition.........so I can answer your question.

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

Define "vulture" please. 

i'm down with ppl speaking their mind.

i like to do it too^^ i know i dont come across as wonderful all the time. most of us don't. i say some stupid crap, thats for sure.

but, a wake of vultures is how i mentally picture some of the commenters here! ready to swoop in & rip the OP's apart.... adding in unintended meanings, saying personally attacking things, & generally just making a stink in the air... leaving me with a bad taste for the forums.

it's not just here. i guess it is forums in general. i've saw a bunch of new moms in a little group i'm in, go apecrap on someone, making them flee in tears never to return. 

*sigh* idk, i just wish it wasnt like that is all.

MiaSnow Myriam wrote:

but, a wake of vultures is how i
mentally picture some of the commenters here! ready to swoop in & rip anybody apart.
... adding in unintended meanings, saying personally attacking things, & generally just making a stink in the air... 

FIFY

And, again, I can put names to those commenters here [sic.]

"...

*sigh* idk, i just wish it wasnt like that is all."

------------------------------------------------------

I just wish everyone voted Republican too.....it doesn't happen though.  I live with it and do no complaining (at least publically).  Maybe you need to do the same? 

People are individuals........they don't think the same and they don't act the same.  Wouldn't the world be boring if they did?  :)

I thought that's what trolls were :/  Meh, what do I know.

I think it's because people can be anonymous, faceless, therefore able to say what they want to regardless of how it makes the OP feel. Often it is useless blabber and should be taken as much. Or they didn't read the post correctly, or they just aren't in a nice mood.

Just my 2 cents :)

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

"...

I live with it and do no complaining (at least publically).  Maybe you need to do the same? 

People are individuals........they don't think the same and they don't act the same.  Wouldn't the world be boring if they did? 
:)

looks like one contradiction eating another....

when i want to complain publicly about ppl being total dillweeds, i will :))

"It's relatively few people that do this I think, and I think they do it because they need to take a jolly good sh1t (sluggish bowels can make people quite irritable)"

-----------------------------------------------------

Excuse me while I make a quick run to the john.  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.