Who is Linden Lab?

Venus Petrov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Linden Lab cannot be a Linden or his name would be Linden Linden.  Linden Lab seems to have a fascination with the vamp subforum even to the extent of writing OPs FOR other residents.  Hey, will you post an OP for me??

Even the CEO uses a NAME to post to the forum and he said in August that LL would be transparent in what they do.  Where is the transparency with a name like Linden Lab?

Linden Lab has authored most of the OPs in the vamp subforum.  I mean, not to draw comparisons, but there used to be another prolific poster here who created OP after OP on all sorts of trival things.  Is Linden Lab an ALT???

Linden Lab, this is your opportunity to come clean.  Tell us who you are.  Put a name to a placeholder.  IF you are a Linden, which one are you!?!

Sy Beck wrote:

That's just ridiculous, 16/28 threads authored by a Linden and most in the past 48 hrs.  Well done for exposing it to the glare of sunlight Venus, maybe that will kill 'em off.  :smileytongue:

Unless, of course, they are fortunate enough to have one of those magic rings that makes them able to withstand sunlight.  Which would mean they probably have a witch in their employ as well... we really need to be careful.

...Dres

Storm Clarence wrote:

The Linden Lab poster has the title: "community manager"

You're right, I've never been bothered to even look at that.  It makes little sense though, unless the meaning of the word manager has been somehow replaced with the meaning of the portmanteau word spampire and no one told me.

...Dres

@Venus (and others voicing similar things) "Here! Here!"

My goodness, if someone else posted like this Linden Lab person is doing, I think the label "spammer" might be getting uttered, don't you?

Does this Linden Lab person realize that no one is responding to its posts? Just like no one is responding to the spam of "Watch the next episode of The Vampire Chronicles!"? Could this lack of interest be of any information to this LL poster? My guess would be, "No."

While I have been in SL for quite I've only casually paid attention to the Forums, off and on, over the last few years and only recently to this new format, so that being said, I don't recall anything like this whole thing, does anyone else?

Speaking ONLY for myself, I will say that if this and the magically disappearing posts and threads, are the way Linden Labs (the other one) wants to generate interest in both the Forums and SL then they are widely and wildly missing the mark.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

I'm thinking Linden Lab is not one particular Linden employee, but is merely a Linden account which can be used to post here in the forum without revealing whichever particular Linden's identity that wishes to use it.  Why this would be necessary, I have no idea.

...Dres

I do not want to let them off any hook. Why not have a name like all of the other Lindens that work here?  Heck, remember when Amanda/Lexie finally got around to admitting that Genn, Joanna, Mike, etc, while Moderators were also Lindens?

That was a painful experience. 

/me puts a plate with a selection of cheeses, veggies, and crackers out for Mr. Lab to tell us who he is

Venus Petrov wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

I'm thinking Linden Lab is not one particular Linden employee, but is merely a Linden account which can be used to post here in the forum without revealing whichever particular Linden's identity that wishes to use it.  Why this would be necessary, I have no idea.

...Dres

I do not want to let them off any hook. Why not have a name like all of the other Lindens that work here?  Heck, remember when Amanda/Lexie finally got around to admitting that Genn, Joanna, Mike, etc, while Moderators were also Lindens?

That was a painful experience. 

/me puts a plate with a selection of
cheeses
, veggies, and crackers out for Mr. Lab to tell us who he is

Um, why are you trying to drag Suella into this?... lol.

Having just read the last CTUG notes, I see that Lexie is supposed to be at the "*next*" meeting (what the asterisks are for, I have no idea).  Maybe she will finally shed some light on the subject... you think we should add that to the agenda? :matte-motes-silly:

...Dres

Venus Petrov wrote:

/me puts a plate with a selection of cheeses, veggies, and crackers out for Mr. Lab to tell us who he is

/me steals the cheese and manages to mumble something about taking an educated guess that, as Dres says, it's probably a generic account being used by various Lindens and that she could hazzard a guess as to why but wouldn't want to wildy speculate.

As for the obsession with vampires by LL at the moment. I do find it somewhat annoying. I don't have anything against vampires or even LL promoting them per se, but the current obsession seems to be verging on arrogant favouritism to the prejudice of other communities. Which I find a disturbing precedent.

It's not so much that Suella, but for me, between all those threads and the spam, it takes a lot of effort to filter through to find something besides the two topics (vampires & watch whatever season or whatever)  It's depressing and I for one am ready to go elsewhere :(

I'd like to add my 'me too' to the posts here. LL are pushing this vampire subforum and trying to fake activity like a sim-owner cheating traffic scores. Currently the top 8 most recent posts are by Linden Lab with less than half having any responses. If they made half as much effort on clearing spam posts as they do creating them, I'd be much happier.

I don't have a direct answer to 'who is Linden Lab?' but you may be interested in this brief discussion I just had with a generic Linden on Twitter (possibly Pete Linden as he often uses that I believe, but I don't know for certain)

SuellaEmber Suella Ember 
@secondlife Have to ask - What's with vamp obsession? Have nothing against you promoting vamps per se, but its looking a bit prejudiced TBH!
SuellaEmber Suella Ember 
@secondlife It looks like you are promoting vamps and ignoring all the other communities in SL, even if that's not the intention.
SecondLife Second Life Official 
@SuellaEmber Definitely not the intent to ignore others, it was just a topic of focused forum activity for a bit
SuellaEmber Suella Ember 
@SecondLife Thanks :) I just think creating vamp forum may come back to bite you if you'll excuse the pun :) ....
SuellaEmber Suella Ember 
@SecondLife Could it not have been covered under, say, existing 'Lifestyle and Relationships' forum? ....
SuellaEmber Suella Ember 
@SecondLife if you do, say, breedables discussion next, will that have its own forum? Just fear could get messy and give wrong impression.
SuellaEmber Suella Ember 
@SecondLife I do think promoting various discussions is great though. Just think care needs to be made to avoid perception of favouritism :)
SecondLife Second Life Official 
@SuellaEmber I hear ya (& love a good pun) We've focused on other topics in the past, will do others in future too. So much going on in SL!
I'll leave you to debate the fact that I got a relatively quick response on Twitter while you haven't got a response here. I'm not even getting involved in that debate! :smileyindifferent:

It's making that whole subforum completely unusable.  Any actual discussions are being buried by that nonsense. This Linden Lab obviously knows little to nothing about forum etiquette.  They're even starting new threads for follow up discussions, that were even being discussed in the first place.  How ignorant is that?

...Dres

Suella Ember wrote:

Second Life Official

SuellaEmber
 I hear ya (& love a good pun) We've focused on other topics in the past, will do others in future too. So much going on in SL!
____________________________________________________________________________________________
I read through this. I noted there was a lot of sentences by you, Suella, and two from "Official", the last one quoted above. I read Official's remark as something like, "Get over it, we'll do what we want." (We've done it before we'll do it again!)
/me shrugs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.