Where the hell are you and what on earth are you doing here?????

Porky Gorky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Where are you from?

I live in Florida, USA

When did you join SL originally?

Sept. 1, 2007

What have you mainly spent your time doing in SL in the past?

Started out renting a 4096 piece of land and building a home. Found out I can't build so I bought a house and started decorating it. Broke the house, rented a skybox. Now I'm homeless but I'm still here.

How are you planning to spend your time in SL in 2013?

I spend almost all my time going to clubs and dancing the day away, will most likely keep doing the same, I like the music in SL.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where am I from?  West coast Canada

When did I join SL originally?  Jan 1, 2010

What have I mainly spent my time doing in SL in the past?  Initially, slexing & shopping.  Slex became boring, and I realized that those freebies weren't so nice, and then discovered hunts!  Got a job (that I still have).  Made tons of friends

How am I planning to spend my time in SL in 2013?  Hunting/shopping, making more friends, helping new joins.  Perhaps, one day, my friend Nos will break me down with all his nagging, and I shall learn to build :)

*goes back to lurking*

hmmm

I am a USican.  I live on the west coast of North America. I started in June of 2009.  I just generally wandered about and had a good time.  Fell so deeply immersed in my second life, so much that my first life rather went to pieces.  Came up on the other side of that and now I try to keep a bit better balanced.  I still wander about having a good time for the most part. 

Where are you from?

When I was little my mom told me heaven, but then when I was a teen she changed her mind and said the opposite.  Nowadays, she just rolls her eyes and shakes her head , so I'm somewhat confused. Right now I living on the east coast of the US

building and scripting, owning 2 clubs, socializing and exploring, running various businesses, land baron, mentoring, teaching, sailing, riding motorcycles, raising cane, plotting an overthrow, running with scissors

Any of the above or anything else that strikes my fancy

Where are you from? I live in Oregon (west coast usa), From Puerto Rico

When did you join SL originally? In Oct of 2010

What have you mainly spent your time doing in SL in the past? Get my heart broken and host, dance and cause mischief.

How are you planning to spend your time in SL in 2013? Modeling, learn how to RP in sl and still cause mischief

Where are you from? Ireland (Cork)

When did you join SL originally? Initially tried joining SL around December 2007 when my dad asked me to give it a try (the university he works at were looking into it as a possibly virtual classroom platform). Gave up after half an hour cause my laptop at the time couldn't handle it (didn't realise straight off that that was the problem, and declared SL to be rubbish). Christmas 2008 my Dad brought the subject up again, and asked if I'd tried it again since. Eventually broke down and created this Avi on Jan 9th 2009

What have you mainly spent your time doing in SL in the past? RP, shopping, messing with building, hanging out, shopping...

How are you planning to spend your time in SL in 2013? Shop and messing with building. I want to start selling stuff.. but I get distracted easily. Also, want to get my inventory sorted and pared down a bit.

Aw heck, I'll fill it out too :D

Where are you from? Well you see, my mom and dad were in love and the sort of f-... err... I mean, The Netherlands!

When did you join SL originally? November 12th, 2006 \o/

What have you mainly spent your time doing in SL in the past? Doing various jobs, roleplaying, and socializing. Talking is fun! :D

How are you planning to spend your time in SL in 2013? Probably a mix of the above described. I am running a DJ School that just opened yesterday! [/randomAdvertisement] :P

Also, I like mineturtle. :3

Yes me as well, might as well :)

Where are you from? Durban, South Africa, born and raised

When did you join SL originally? May 2012 But I remember the CNN article in 2006, been in the back of my mind but I was busy with weddings, babies and such. I joined out of curiosity amongst other reasons, wondering if I could have any fun here ....lol...*grins*

What have you mainly spent your time doing in SL in the past? Spending time with my partner, helping new people, especially new submissive girls who choose the red door when they first rez, dancing, hanging out with my friends, Gor RP, Fae RP and SHOPPING!!!!!!

How are you planning to spend your time in SL in 2013? The same as above, hopefully more RP this year if I can get my lazy friends back into Gor, something has me hooked there that I have not yet defined.

Where are you from?

Hi Porky, I'm originally from Hamburg (the capitol of MacDonalds)/Jerryland but live in Cape Town/South Africa since dunno how long.

1/18/2007, was hooked after 5 minutes and never left again. Ragequit? Haha, when I'm in a rage I expect my enemies to quit. Basta!

Sailing, sexing, sailing, dancing, sailing, motorcycling, sailing, chatting, sailing, making  enemies, sailing, organizing a yacht club, sailing, flying my airships, sailing, messing up, sailing, squatting, and did I mention I sail a lot.

Oh, and for a while I was dancing, sellling land, managing an estate ... but it was too much work and not enough pay. So i went back to being a full-time Goddess.

Sailing, sexing, sailing, dancing, sailing, motorcycling, sailing, chatting, sailing, making  enemies, sailing, organizing a yacht club, sailing, flying my airships, sailing, messing up, sailing, squatting, and did I mention I sail a lot. :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

p.s. if you think these questions are too personal then feel free to answer just some or none at all **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/html/assets/emoticons/mattemotes/big_grin.png" border="0" alt=":matte-motes-big-grin:" title="" />

I'm an avatar, by definiton I have no personality of my own so there is nothing as being too personal. :smileyhappy:

ETA: by the way, this isn't a research survey or anything....this is Porky, stuck on a train bored out of his tiny little mind.

And here I am thinking that it usually is the purpose of travelling by  train so we don't get stuck.

Porky Gorky wrote:

Where are you from?  
south france, mediterranéan coast. Im from Catalogne region.

may 1st 2009. Long time i wanted to try, but my life was quite a mess for some years and neither had time for this, neither money for a comp and internet at home. Right after puting some order in my life, ive started SL.

First ive explored and tried a lot of naughty things in SL and soon, after 1 month i started to rent my first lil private island (homestead) and spent long time between decorating my land and shopping and clubbing. Then 10 monthes later i started designing clothes and started my SL business. I have met also tons of great pp, i try to keep time for them, at least for chating, but better if i can hang out with them, i still do a lil shopping but really less than before and i try to make some hunts here and there when i can. I also enjoy a lot, swimming in my river and ice skating... I keep some lil time for exploring sims too that i report in my blog as background for lil short story for introducing the outifts i design. Yeah, i have great skills for multitasking without noone ever notice, but its a lot of stress for me btw ... 

first priority : organise Phil naked audition and spank him at the end of the audition,

and after this, same, mostly designing, advertising my business, do customer support, help pp, chat and hang out with friends, exploring, shopping, having fun...If i had a wish to do .... well actually 2 : that would be : 1/ can someone add more hours to the days pls ? 2/ having skills for organizing better my schedule and being more efficient. My preference would go the first wish btw....:smileywink:

@ Phil... do not even hope you will be able to avoid such jury..... you challenged me... ive told you already.... its risky... now you said you apply for this audition, so the audition will happen... ive met yesterday Czari inworld for organizing everything... you will have updates soon :catwink:

Where are you from?
I live in southern Finland.

March 22, 2007.  Still using the same original account.  In addition I have created couple of alts.

In the beginning I did camping - a lot.  Next craze was xploders.  Had pretty good income from those before they vanished.  Have spent enormous amount of time in an effort to un-newb me.  Studied and learned a lot about human proportions in the process.  Tweaking the avatar looks and outfits has been one of the favourite pastimes I've had.   Exploring the grid.  Attending live concerts.  Dancing.  Shopping.  Sailing.  Occasionally flying and using land vehicles.  Learned how to create content - prim stuff and basics of mesh.  I haven't created much so far though, just something small for personal use.

No specific plans.  Exploring new places will be one of my favourite things to do.  Sailing, sailing and more sailing.  Attending live concerts.  Shopping.  I will be trying to learn more about content creation, especially mesh.

Where are you from?
  New Mexico, USA  The part that Texas carved off and discarded

Early Feb 2010.  Am I old enough to feel important yet? :smileyvery-happy:  Had heard about it a couple years before but didn't think my dialup connection at the time would handle it.  Keep feeling that I've arrived at the party late when the most fun stuff is already over.

Exploring and checking out what others have created.  Deciding I can do things better myself, trying, and often proving myself wrong.  Wasting lots of L$s buying a cool looking mainland plot only to abandon it a couple months later when coming across another cool looking plot.

Stay in my current mainland plot for more then a couple of months and actually complete my virtual home.  Continue developing my mesh skills and consider myself lucky to have skipped sculpties.  More exploring.  Maybe actually create an avatar that doesn't look like something scraped out of the bottom of the freebie bins. :smileylol:

ETA: by the way, this isn't a research survey or anything....this is Porky, stuck on a train bored out of his tiny little mind.

Almost makes city buses look welcoming.

Where are you from?

I appear to spring from Maddy's imagination, though it might be the opposite. We argue about this constantly.

"Join" implies a willingness of sorts, doesn't it? I arrived in SL on April 6th of 2008, minutes after Maddy. She's gets huffy when I go first, even when she's pushing me.

I've spent almost all of the last five years shaking my head over Maddy's immaturity. In spite, she dresses me funny.

I'll continue to urge Maddy to grow up, simply because that annoys her.

Where are you from?  New Mexico, USA; land of hot air balloons, green chile and meth (waves to Knutz).

When did you join SL originally?  September of 2007.  Orientation Island was bugged and I couldn't finish the 4th wing, got very frustrated with SL and left.  Came back several months later to try again.

What have you mainly spent your time doing in SL in the past?  Kinky sims, being a submissive, discovering I was better at being a Domme, shopping, going premium, building a sky-mansion, becoming bored and lonely, tearing everything down and vowing never to do it again.

How are you planning to spend your time in SL in 2013?  Remaining homeless, wandering aimlessly, taking pictures every so often and ruining them in Photoshop.

Where are you from? England 

When did you join SL originally? April 2008

What have you mainly spent your time doing in SL in the past? partying going to gigs gaming camping exploring making stuff buying stuff staying at home going to Linden Realms 

How are you planning to spend your time in SL in 2013? much the same as i currently do exploring making stuff buying stuff hiding out at home playing Linden Realms trying to spend as much time in SL as my currently terrible arthritis will allow me

Where are you from? I'm an Okie.. Oklahoma, USA

When did you join SL originally? My original av, 2008.  Nim has the good inventory, so, she's the one that gets to come out and play.

What have you mainly spent your time doing in SL in the past? In the beginning.. it was clubs and socializing, but, for the past 2 yrs. I've been focusing on building and putzing around on my land. I take lots of pictures and make little films.

How are you planning to spend your time in SL in 2013? About the same. I might start selling my builds..but, probably continue to give them away. I've been wanting to make a very good atmospheric machinima for the song "Here and Heaven" from the Goat Rodeo Sessions.. (Yo Yo Ma).

Cool thread, Porky. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

I'm from the Netherlands.

I joined SL in 2007 as Katyenka Zenovka.

My other chars are Zazya Zenovka, Conaletta, Fareiba and Justabody.

I enjoy doing RP (of the hardcore kind) in SL,

or occasionaly hanging out with a friend, exploring and stuff.

In the past I hanged out with more friends more often,

and explored a little more.

But many friends stopped playing SL,

and I'm focusing more on RP now while still exploring.

Porky Gorky wrote:

Time to get my noob on....

Hi, my name is Porky. I live in England. I joined SL in Summer 2004 and since then have spent my time mainly building content to sell, as well as completing lots of custom work during the boom/business years. 

In the small amount of spare SL time I allow myself I am currently on a mission to explore as much of SL that is left as possible before it all goes away.

So, 

Where are you from?

>>> Lincolnshire, England

>>> September 2006

>>> Dancing on camping platforms (with friends, anywhere there was money and music), shopping, designing avs, dancing in clubs, dabbling in the land market, building places to live, sexual experimentation, building and selling stuff, fetish RP, freebie hunts, DJ-ing, chatting, photography and general hanging out.

>>> More of the same

p.s. if you think these questions are too personal then feel free to answer just some or none at all :matte-motes-big-grin:

Wowzers! I've been AFK the last 2 days living it up large in the big city and shed loads of you have posted!

By living it up large I mean I spent about 6 hours in Hamleys (the worlds biggest toy store) yesterday as it was my sons birthday and went to the Harry Potter studio tour today which was awesome! But enough about me.....what about you (those that have not posted yet)? Where the hell are you and what on earth are you doing here?

:matte-motes-nerdy:

Where are you from?  

Central Texas, USA.  My real home is on the South Texas coast; I am temporarily displaced.  

September 2006. 

Started off building right away, established a small shop,and learned a little of it all along the way -- prim torture, texture creation, animation, scripting and sculpties.  

Been a while since I have created anything new, I still support an in-world shop and all my past creations, but hope to learn some mesh creation and become excited about creating again.  I have more ideas than I have time or ambition presently.  Life is a little more complicated for me these days.  I also have zero social interaction in SL as almost all past acquaintances have moved on.  Sometimes I miss that as well. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.