Where is Torley?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I miss his friendly greetings n stuff.

Torley was my 'human' connection with LL back then, now LL is just a tiny 3D thing with some flickr folks who give us a link to some 'art' on their website once or twice a day.

I really don't care about  screenshots of folks I never heard off, I 'm not interested what the CEO has to say, Rolling restarts are not the end of the world, server roll-backs are nothing new, new features are way past due, etc, etc...

I just want Torley being ADHD-ing all over my @ss! :)

Odd

• Lindens

Oh friendly greetings! Oddball, thanks for your curiosity — I'm just grateful you noticed. :)

Yes, best place to check for Second Life updates for me right now is my social profile @ https://my.secondlife.com/torley.linden Although I mainly lurk on the forums at present, I'll post every now and then when I feeI have something especially helpful to add.

I haven't done a lot of video tutorials in awhile, but am always delighted to hear from Residents over the ages who've found them approachable and... friendly!

At Linden Lab, I've been assigned to focus on other areas which are definitely a change of scenery. So there's getting used to that, and lots of exciting, fresh ground to cover. I can't reveal too much about the core of I'm doing right now, but I've been working with a talented and tight team... maybe in the not-so-distant future, I can share more! (That sounds crazy mysterious, eh?) Altho I know our CEO Rodvik has already spoken or given clues about some of the projects I'm involved with.

@Knowl The music stuff is "another Torley" ;) with a distinct career outside of my Second Life work which isn't professionally affiliated with Linden Lab. As you can imagine, all of this keeps me rather occupied. Although the "worlds cross" complementarily every now and then — I've often used Torley music in my tutorials and promo videos

. And right now I happen to be experimenting with some sound design at LL (yes, that's a clue).

When it comes to identity, things can get mighty tricky. I'm still in the process of figuring out ways of distinguishing my different selves, which isn't a trivial matter, considering within SL alone, I've taken the form of hundreds of avatars — creative expression through virtual bodies. Here are 123 of them.

P.S. I need to find a Where's Waldo! costume... in green + pink of course. In the meantime, I'm a landshark.

6241117070_04678632ee_b.jpg

Friendly Greetings!

I follow Torley on Flickr, nice to see where he goes on his adventurs even when he posts a little less on the forums.

Still hoping he'll visit 1920s Berlin some time, but not sure we have a green and pink 1920s outfit :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

OMG! You won that OMG-1 Synth? That looks amazing, congratulations, I'm currently jealous.

The music in the video is very subtle, I think it add nicely to the video. I've recently discovered chakra vibrational audio tones, a rather interesting music form, imo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

you best watch for the announcement somewhere in the feed swamp...

...where even crap has opportunity to trend.  

I had noticed months back that Crap was trending daily in the fully public trending... whatever it's called.  So I knew Crap would be acceptable and trendable in the SL only trending... whatever it's called.

It does make me very happy to see that Crap is not censored here.

Gosh, could you imagine all the posts we'd see from *bleep* mariner?

Perrie Juran wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

I had noticed months back that Crap was trending daily in the fully public trending... whatever it's called.  So I knew Crap would be acceptable and trendable in the SL only trending... whatever it's called.

I like his work.  I enjoy his writing and participation on the feeds.  I look forward to meeting him one day in-world, perhaps at one of his events.  

Storm Clarence wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

I like his work.  I enjoy his writing and participation on the feeds.  I look forward to meeting him one day in-world, perhaps at one of his events.  

I do read his feed posts too and like them.

• 8 months later...

Greetings that are friendly, Torley :matte-motes-grin:

When I first began SL in 2007, I recall watching your video on creating animations and putting together one called "Happy Dance."  I was hooked on your tutorials from then on.  As others have said, the "Ding-Ding" sound followed by "Friendly Greetings" always put a smile on my face.

I recently visited your sim for the first time and have to return soon - there was sooo much to see.  I mentioned in another thread that, even on my dino-PC, your sim is the only place I can turn my draw distance to 256m and still walk!!!

While there I was on a hunt for the Torley Linden Bear.  Any hints, please?  *Smiles* 

Thank you for being one of the brightest parts of SL!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.