What's a good dance HUD?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm finally looking for a dance HUD. My primary need is I'd like to organize all them dances into styles and easily call them up. For example, I like to put my latin, techno and hip-hop dances in separate categories. It would also be nice to invite at least 10 people, since I DJ, sometimes.

I'm currently looking at two HUDs, the Romah and the TIS HUD. I've linked them, below:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PROMO-ROMAH-Dance-HUD-190-Animations-LIMITED-EDITION/4068388?page=5&product_reviews_sort=rating_value|asc&utf8=%E2%9C%93

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TIS-Fusion-Singles-Couples-Dance-HUDChimera-Basic-Version/2877616?page=2&product_reviews_sort=rating_value|asc&utf8=%E2%9C%93

Of the two, the TIS looks a bit better, but the cost of the Romah HUD is appealling. I'm not sold on either of them, yet, though. I've been told the dance animations in the Romah are all freebies, so that's not a factor.

Any other recommendations?

Thanks much

I have a TIS Fusion myself - it's pretty slick. The really unique feature it has is that it supports couples dances as well - you can spawn a fully-working set of couples dance balls anywhere you can rezz and then smoothly swap from one dance to another without standing in between. The whole thing is basically a club dance system you wear on your butt.

The other one looks like it has a lot of scripts to do things you really don't need, and I'd also be wary of its being no-copy - once you fill it up with dances it could get very expensive if SL eats it, and SL seems to have an appetite for dance systems. The Fusion is copyable - IF you fill it with copyable dances, which I'd recommend.

I'm leary of HUDs that come packed with preselected animations - make sure you can go somewhere and test them ALL out.

If a dance animation is not motion capture, it tends to look pretty poor.

I have always been a fan of the HUD from Henmations - though it has gotten more and more script heavy over time.

That said my replacement choice is stil heavy, at 1.2mb - the AKEYO Power AO (or the Humanoid AO, the same thing under a license) which is a combined dance HUD and AO controller. I like its AO system, and the dance part was just an added bonus.

Henmations:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DANCE-CONTROL-HUD-V3-ADVANCED-DANCE-HUD-SYSTEM/1488726

Henmations Inworld Store

AKEYO:

Akeyo Inworld Store

Humanoid:

Humanoid Inworld Store

I've been wondering about the TIS hud for a long time.. the couples. Do I have to rezz balls for couples or is it like a regular dance hud where you add dances to it and click to invite.. I've been using DevShack hud for the past couple of yrs... way back before there was couple stuff. Ready to upgrade.. but only if the couple hud doesn't need balls.. Am I asking too much?? smiles

Nimue Mistwalker wrote:

I've been wondering about the TIS hud for a long time.. the couples. Do I have to rezz balls for couples or is it like a regular dance hud where you add dances to it and click to invite.. I've been using DevShack hud for the past couple of yrs... way back before there was couple stuff. Ready to upgrade.. but only if the couple hud doesn't need balls.. Am I asking too much?? smiles

It does have to rezz balls. I don't think there's a way of properly aligning couples dances without using them.

Without the poseballs you run the risk of the two avatars not being in sync position wise - and either one could just wander off or get bumped away.

That said there -ARE- a few things in SL that let one perfon become a vehicle the other rides - so maybe someone has ported this methodology to dance HUDs.

If they had, I would expect them to advertise that - as it would be a major feature advancement over competition.

So after all of that a friend of mine who also DJs recommended the Henmation Dance HUD. After looking at all the options, I bought it.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DANCE-CONTROL-HUD-V3-ADVANCED-DANCE-HUD-SYSTEM/1488726

It was more important to me to be able to invite more people. 10 should be enough, which is the limit on the TIS HUD, but I like being able to invite more if needed - the Henmation HUD allows for up to 30 invites.

The web configuration is nice, too, but a bit slow. However, it's much more intuitive than dealing with cards and less prone to mistakes. It was very easy to organize my dances and it only took like 5 minutes.

With the couples dance option, the TIS HUD still looks good if you're looking for a personal one. But for DJing I felt the Henmation was a better choice.

**Don't buy the Henmation Dance HUD. Please, see my follow-up response that follows later in this thread.**

• 9 months later...

We have loved our Henmations Hud V3 ALLROUND for almost a year.  in the past five months the server has been going down and no one has been on line to respond to support requests.  This was a fine system, but without the server or support it is a useless piece of expensive junk.  We have been to the store and have talked to many in the same position.  They are still selling huds at the store and on MP that exceed 10,000L, but no resources to run or correct errors....  I will pull this post if they correct the situation.... now looking for a good replacement.

I would not spend money on any Henmations until server support and system support is restored.

I had forgotten that I started this thread. Let me say, unequivocally, DO NOT BUY THE HENMATIONS HUD!

There. Hope that's clear. : )

I had the Henmation HUD for several months and it worked fine. I was pretty happy with it. But, then, one day it stopped working. It turns out the website the HUD is dependent on stopped working. I contacted Henmation; no reply. I tried repeatedly to get in touch with the owner, their support, etc., but no reply.

I was left with a non-functioning device, and no way to fix it. If you look at the reviews of the product on the marketplace, you'll see a lot of people ended up with the same problem.

I will never buy another thing from Henmations.

Sorry, I forgot about this thread and that I didn't update it.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I Agree, Don't buy anything at Henmations, i'm own a club in SL, i still have some stuff from there, but when i needed them to help me with a bugged dance pole, i never heard any answer from them.

Seems they grew more than they could and forgot that without the buyers they are nothing.

I stop buying there, my dance hud is an Akeyo, it comes in their Ao that work fine.

xoxo

K

• 1 year later...

:smileyfrustrated: I have to agree that Henmations seems to be a waist of money.

I just bought their Dance Control V3 HUD, plus about 8 animation dances for the total price of around L3,000.

I have been trying to get all of this to work for two days and have no luck.

I can not load the animations to their webbased dance list either.

If you are an advanced player then maybe you can figure this out, but for a newbie, like me, you may lose your money.

I have also now lost the dance animations I payed for after moving them to the Content folder, does anyone know how I can find them and use them in another aplication?

Thanks!

Jake :manhappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3893 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.