What do you never change?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3924 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I change hair, skin, shape and even sometimes clothes. But what I never change and never will change are my boots!

boots_001.jpg

I wear them for 5 years in a row now. If I try to do this RL I guess I would have a huge private space where ever I am. :matte-motes-sick:

My tattoos. I suppose that's a fairly typical one! I've had them for about 4 years now. Even in different roleplay sims with different characters, I find some way of explaining them in my character's background! They're nothing too fancy, a design of gears all along both arms.

I am exposed as a flibbertigibbet. I can't think of a single thing I've never changed since I got here. I've had the same shape for almost three years, the same skin for over two years, and the same eyes for a bit more than one year but there were frequent changes before that.

No, wait! I can steal Val's example. I've never changed partners ONCE! Of course, that was pretty easy since I've never had one, but....

Edited for spelling; noticed long after the fact

ETA: I have two more. Since Immy invoked hair color I can use that: I've been a blonde from the start and almot never do any other color unless it's for a costume or special event. And I realized I've never changed the two opening sentences of my profile. That doesn't quite count as 'from the start'—it was blank for a week or two—but as long as it's been there it has started the same way.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

No, wait! I can steal Val's example. I've never changed partners ONCE! Of course, that was pretty easy since I've never had one, but....

LOL i can add that to my list too :smileyvery-happy: **EDIT except for the but....

My name. Everything else has changed over the years. My shape has remained relatively stable; for the last year or so it's been unchanged, and the shape before that wasn't much different, and lasted a long time too. My home parcel has been in the same place for around 4 years, so that's something else that doesn't change a lot. Finally my AO... I've kept the same set of animations for a good long time, and I doubt I'll change those.

I'm still fairly new to SL but it's taken three weeks to settle into the few things that makes me feel uniquely me. My eyes, my shape, and now my skin. Everything else changes, even my tat's. Although I do have a favorite set of tats that I sport more often than not. But for me to narrow down one thing, it would be the eyes. I just LOVE those eyes. 

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

Anything that would be considered permanent in RL.  Shape, skin, tattoos, and hair colour.  Anything else, anything goes. (
^_^
)y

Hair colour is permanent in RL? You must live somewhere that is terribly repressed ;-). I get what you mean though; I started SL blonde and will always be blonde; you're probably the same way with your color, I mean colour. On the other hand you could be like my sister in RL, who remains a deep brunette in spite of the fact her siblings have gray in abundance. She's just lucky that way, I guess.

Never have changed my shape since my first day in SL when I made it. 

Everything else has changed, but I only changed skin and eyes to upgrade to more realistic look without changing my overall appearance. (Skin six years ago was nothing like it is today lol.)  Even though I have changed skin, the first time I did it it was only to a new version of the same one because it had more detail.  That creator never updated it after that, but skins improved, so I looked for one that made me look more real but didn't change my appearance much.  Took me months to find it, but it was worth it.  Eyes pretty much the same story,

I changed hair color once a couple years ago.  However I pretty much stick to one hair color and change styles to go with what I wearing or doing, just like I do in RL.  My hair is long in SL and RL and sometimes I wear it up, sometimes down, sometimes braided etc. (I don't count changing the color temporarily for costumes or when I model for friends)

i am more of a forums entity, im rarely in-world, what i dont change is the blue face, and my love for the forums, i always find myself coming back and reading the different subjects that come out.

also i always use lowercase for "i", writing names in uppercase is to give it more importance then the rest of the words, i only use uppercase in case the words needs to be highlighted to prevent confusion.

First and foremost, my glasses. I bought then in the afternoon of 22 February, 2006, and have worn them nearly every day since.

Second, my skin. One of the first kid skins on SL. Made for me by Robin Sojourner. I still wear the final beta of it, before it was releaed.

Third, my ID bracelent. It was a gift for being a flower girl back in 2006. I wear it till nearly every day. 

496051.jpg

Beyond that, well. My shape hasn't changed much since 2006. The eyes, patterned on my real life eyes, came 'round in 2007 or 2008. They're staying. I do sometimes change hair styles, but it's alsways thatdark chocolate brown. Oh, and while not a permanent thing, I sure have been wearing that jeans jacket a lot lately...

My shape what I have tweaked to its present form over a long time. I might still make some tiny adjustments, nothing radical.  The skin to which I think I have fallen in love with.  Very rarely I ever use some other skin.  So those two are pretty permanent ones.

Anything else I change and tweak constantly, which I find very interesting "hobby" and pastime. :smileytongue:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3924 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.