What do YOU do in second life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

I haunt the forums, as they're accessible from my mobile devices. I can participate in conversations while sitting on my RL roof, waiting for my arm to regain strength after 10 minutes of brushing on new paint, or while waiting in my friend's little room at the care center for her to awake from a drug induced stupor as she, in turn, waits for a new liver.

When I do get in-world, I stand on the ottoman in front of my fireplace and IM friends to distract them from whatever they might be doing so they can shower me with attention.

;-).

And burn away their sins in your fireplace

https://www.flickr.com/photos/58030004@N06/sets/72157626488154798/with/10175499625/ 

(Edited to add the entire album, not just my photo)

:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

My wife, Shaylin, and I manage two sims, Marathon Caye and Whispering Windz.  These keep us busy, especially with four active music venues, Shay's Rock House, Whispering Hearts Pavilion, Whispering W Ranch, and Club CTO.  However, we do find time to relax in our home in Second Norway, in the united sailing sims, where we can watch movies together through an inworld TV, or together through Netflix, as well as sailing, flying planes, and other adventures.  Recently we've gotten involved with a social group called Wild Blue Yonder.  It's an adventure group that encourages boating, flying and adventures.  They have weekly events.  We've also recently included a halloween themed parcel called Yordstorm Manor which will be available in a limited run throughout the month of October.

MC_001 copy.jpgMC_002 copy.jpg

Wander around looking at builds, since I do a bit of 3D myself it interests me to see what stuff is here in SL. Drive, mostly the tracks at one place that has been around for years. Sometimes I drive mainland, mostly to test what has changed with sim crossings and the roads. I look at the cars in the track mall a few times a year as well to see what has changed. Sometimes I check out new tech, even if I don't use it I like to figure out what is up with it.

Most of my SL time these days is more or less soent on the web reading and watching what is up. My poor old PC doesn't like SL much, especially since legacy ATI cards stopped getting support from AMD and I have to use an ancient nvidia. Sad stuff, but it was getting rare for me to log in anyway, mostly RL stuff causing worries. The ATI thing just really sort of hurts, not to mention that now I ciouldn't run the new viewer well, even TPV based on it. I will have to wait, bug report and maybe move to a beta that fixes the issue...IF there is one. Hence why I am sort of here at the forums and SL site.

Being new to Second Life, I enjoyed reading this thread. Gives me a lot of ideas of what has made the best impressions, what's important to check out first.

I, myself, have spent a lot of time shopping (mostly free stuff to get started and then slowly upgrading individual things to better quality), making a set of outfits, decorating my new home, checking out a few places here and there, and I started fishing yesterday.

And sometimes I'll go to Innsmouth and read a fortune.

Or just stay home and watch a random passerby wander through town in my astral form.

Tex Monday wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

I haunt the forums, as they're accessible from my mobile devices. I can participate in conversations while sitting on my RL roof, waiting for my arm to regain strength after 10 minutes of brushing on new paint, or while waiting in my friend's little room at the care center for her to awake from a drug induced stupor as she, in turn, waits for a new liver.

When I do get in-world, I stand on the ottoman in front of my fireplace and IM friends to distract them from whatever they might be doing so they can shower me with attention.

;-).

And burn away their sins in your fireplace

(Edited to add the entire album, not just my photo)

:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

It's a valuable service, don't you think? Who doesn't need room for new ones?

Like RD, I tend be an introvert in SL. I like to visit different Sims a and explore. I take photos of the place I visit.

I shop but since my inventory is bursting at the seams, I've slowed down and try to work with what I have. I make new outfits and customize them as best I can.

Some RP, mostly 18th century stuff.

Decorate my home.

I have a few Kittycats and breed a little. But I'm thinking of selling off most of them.

I've tried sailing and might do more.

I enjoy horseback riding.

Most of what I do, I do on my own. I'm OK with this, but it would be nice to make new friends to chat with and share some interests.

I used to run a motorcycling sim, but it got too expensive. I now collaborate on a couple of biker sims building roads, putting out buildings and furniture and as a side project I have an art gallery at a spaceport.

I like shopping, building bikes and cars, djing, chatting with my friends, tinkering with my avatar, exploring preferably by vehicle, going to art galleries, tinkering with furniture menus (adding animations).  Learning. Making people happy.

But most of all I like spending time with my online wife.

My main passtime is exploring. I've been in SL for about 8 years and over that time the main things I've done/do now have been

-  had an art gallery, revamped a number of times, and currently  in the process of being revamped again

- had a card shop (closed years ago).

- go clothes shopping 

- visit art galleries or events

- attend classes on various things from building to learning software

- attend group discussions (not so much anymore)

- take photos of places I visit

but exploring has to be the most enjoyable for me.  I love it. There is never an end to the new builds and creativity in SL. There's always something new to see and enjoy. I have so many photos I keep meaning to put on my blog of places I see but just never get round to it... 

- Stand around my skybox above my store

- Procrastinate making stuff fo rmy store

- Make stuff for my store

- Bug my two friends who are usually online, from my skybox above my store

- Contemplate going to other sims; decide standing around my skybox above my store is more productive

I don't get out much.

I walk around trying to find a nice texas girl to have sex with or marry her or a pregnant girl or a girl that's already havin tons of sex and I stand inline to be next with her or I look up girls skirts an dresses to see if they have a **bleep** or a something else u wouldn't believe how many have penises in SL anyways most of the time sl is the most boring place on earth unless u find a noob girl that joined to get sexed an has no pantys on LoL

Back in the day I loved RP, from VTM to Gor, Western to Futuristic, but I haven't met many eloquent role players lately to get me excited about getting back to it.

I'm into the breedable thing, with Kittycats, Wild Kajaera, Dodo, and ABC horses, but I don't sell what I breed, every couple of months I'll do an inventory and put some low-traited babies out for free.

Besides paying for land tier and a breedable collectable or accessories, I don't let myself buy much stuff any more because I have over 27, 00 items to sort, and thats just on one avie.

Nearly all my old friends have left, so mostly I spend time exploring, or fussing over my breedables or visiting breedable sims. I recently put out a call to meet new people in SLand I'm making more of an effort to make connections whereas before I just did my own thing, alone.  

I don't enjoy sl clubs, finding them clique-y  with too much emphasis on tipping everyone as soon as you land, so if I'm gonna go dancing, I prefer it at a isolated location or on my land.

Horseriding, machinima, book and poetry readings, live singer/songwriters, and checking out home and garden expos are my thing.

I'd like to be part of an SL family as an aunt or cousin or sister, but just never got the opportunity.   Maybe this time around?

Sl is still an interesting place, it really is what you make of it.  

A lot of time I'm logged in but I'm rehearsing (musician and poet in real) or working on new material.  Sl has helped facilitate my passions in real, which I'm grateful for.  And being with my breedables is a simple pleasure that relaxes me after a hard day at work!

• 5 months later...

Really interesting topic!

I like to chat and talk to random people, usually while dancing and listening to music at Frank's Place Jazz Club. 

Everyday I go shopping (especially freebies and dollarbies) and hunting for cool fashion things clothes, and then I like to take pic to myself ;)

But after a lot of years in this way, now I'd like to do something more "concrete", so I'm going to read the other replies to catch some ideas ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.