What did you get for Christmas?

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i got a new car..

but i think he will end up driving it more than me..

because i love my jeep way too much to drop down to something lower to the ground hehehehe

hey wait a second..i just thought of something....i wonder if he got me a new car knowing i would not switch from my jeep?

omg he is so not gettin any now!! \o/

£50

Slippers

A onesie (shut up it's really compfy)

All Game of Thrones books

Game of Thrones TV series box set

Chocolate

Dragon figurine

A gargoyle

Two model micro pigs (goddamned adorable, they are)

Clothes

Jewellery

Felidae (DVD)

Plague Dogs (DVD)

Fable: The Lost Chapters (PC game)

A shoulder bag

M'yep, I got a pretty good haul this year.

Difficult to take a picture of my fav. gift, and share it,  this is as close as it gets

kids2.jpg

My favorite gift of all isn't something many consider a gift at all, or so often forget it IS one, but I always remember.

This is a gift I am blessed with everyday. The world sought fit to bless me with not just one, but three little beings that I get the privilege of raising. Three little beings who depend on me to provide them with the world and all it entails, good, bad, and ugly. Three little beings I am responsible for molding into amazing adults who will someday take over where I will leave off. They're intelligent, polite, loving, forgiving, friendly, well behaved, adorable, hilarious, grateful and so very much more. They teach me far more than I could ever teach them about the world around us. I couldn't possibly ever ask for, or receive a gift, better than them. The only thing that could possibly come in second, would be my hubby. But even he knows, they will forever sit in that number one spot in my heart.

I posted it in the other thread too, and I'll post it here as well. For me, and them, presence means so much more than presents. Of course we love presents too, and tangible things are awesome. I'm not knocking tangible things by any stretch. They just happen to be my favorite gift of all time, and will always be :D

My presents were all great but my favorite part of the Holiday was getting to see two of my nieces that I don't get to see much of now that they are busy with their careers.

One lives in NYC and got her first professional job this year in a big name design firm.  They gave her first full project right before Christmas where she is in charge - redesigning and refurbishing a 150ft yacht. Nor bad for someone just a year out of architect school. 

The older one works for Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders and has for several years now.  She spent the last year for the most part in the bush in the Congo with a few weeks here and there in Europe and Haiti.  She returned to the states in early November and has been on a speaking tour about her experiences and exhibiting some of her photos of the Congo, which have appeared in several international print and web publications. She is becoming quite the well known blogger too. 

They were both full of interesting stories which they spent hours telling me.  Needless to say I'm very proud of both of them.

Best present was being with loved ones and getting a phone call from a family member I had not spoken with in years. Had a nice conversation, too.

As far as loot?

Chocolates - a lot of them were flavors I don't like though. I loathe coffee flavor and I kept somehow biting into those. :( Yeah, too lazy to read the insert.

Socks. I asked for them. Some games. A box of treats (apples, cheese, chili, etc.) I really didn't want a lot. 

I got myself a Kindle Fire and it's very nice. I spend too much money at Amazon already, but oh well. There is a lot of free stuff there too and it's a great way to get out of print books. Many are in digital format, even for free. Not sure if people know this by the way, but Kindle's computer app is free. So anyone with a computer can still get those Kindle free books, or order other Kindle books. I wish Ipad were as functional and easy to use and intuitive as Kindle Fire is. I would've never gotten one of those if I had known where they were made. Hearing about the suicides at the factory was horrific.

Melita Magic wrote:

Best present was being with loved ones and getting a phone call from a family member I had not spoken with in years. Had a nice conversation, too.

As far as loot?

Chocolates - a lot of them were flavors I don't like though. I loathe coffee flavor and I kept somehow biting into those.
:(
Yeah, too lazy to read the insert.

Socks. I asked for them. Some games. A box of treats (apples, cheese, chili, etc.) I really didn't want a lot. 

I got myself a Kindle Fire and it's very nice. I spend too much money at Amazon already, but oh well. There is a lot of free stuff there too and it's a great way to get out of print books. Many are in digital format, even for free. Not sure if people know this by the way, but Kindle's computer app is free. So anyone with a computer can still get those Kindle free books, or order other Kindle books. I wish Ipad were as functional and easy to use and intuitive as Kindle Fire is. I would've never gotten one of those if I had known where they were made. Hearing about the suicides at the factory was horrific.

We use the kindle pc thing, have for a while now, and even the kids love it. i have it installed on every pc we have, lol. Since we homeschool, it comes in handy more often than not. There really is a ton of free stuff out there for it, games, books, curriculum even. I love it :D

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.