greek Wingtips

What are LL plans for the future

I been in SL for about 3 years now and seen lots of changes, alas I am afraid I feel SL has gone downhill,

LL has pushed Marketplace to a point that now it does not pay to just try and sell from a shop in SL as before, the advertising is not the worth the money is written on you spend so much in $L to advertise but the search viewer just dont work as the old one. 

Many are leaving SL this has to be adressed by LL, the fact we are in a recesssion why don't LL reduce the tiers as help us.

would they prefer us to just close shop and leave or help us make it through these times?

My other Gripe is why don't LL hear what we have to say and adress it , have an open forum with us and lets hear what they have to say about our gripes, 

many of my friends have left SL and although I love it I steering towards that myself, I want LL to adress our problems and be transperent and tell us they are.

The biggest most grip I hear, is too many of us log in to SL only to spend most of the time dealing with bloddy tec problems, if its not rebaking, frezzing,crashes,no TP's ect, we spend most of the time doing this rather thatn getting on and playing the game, this is the most I hear about from others and the biggest reason people are leaving SL,

LL you need to get your act together,   him us and tell us what your doing, falling on deaf ears will only lead to more people leaving

wiked Anton

Re: What are LL plans for the future

Reply to greek Wingtips - view message

It seems you have asked three questions here, so I will give you the three answers as I see it 1) greed, 2) greed and 3) profit. 

I remember when if you put in an AR or a jira, you would et an email within 24 hours and not long after that the problem would be fixed. However to increase their profitablitiy, LL has reduced the staff , and probably have an internal policy of not answering ANY jira or AR unless absolutly neccessary. I have become quite disenchanted with SL since the staff purge, and more and more think about leaving. though LL probably make enough profit to say "who cares....GO"

‎"dude i wasn't that drunk"...."you were cutting open pineapples screaming "SPONGEBOB !! I KNOW YOUR IN THERE""
Venus Petrov
Topics: 74

greek Wingtips wrote:

The biggest most grip I hear, is too many of us log in to SL only to spend most of the time dealing with bloddy tec problems, if its not rebaking, frezzing,crashes,no TP's ect, we spend most of the time doing this rather thatn getting on and playing the game, this is the most I hear about from others and the biggest reason people are leaving SL,

LL you need to get your act together,   him us and tell us what your doing, falling on deaf ears will only lead to more people leaving

I empathize with some of your remarks.  I do not use Marketplace unless I am looking for something to gift and I am unable to gift it from the inworld location.  Besides, I like to shop inworld. 

SL is a computer-intensive program and one viewer may work better than another for you.  When I first rezzed my little laptop was not equipped to see many things without taking several minutes to rez.  This was almost five years ago.  I have been through three other computers since then.  So, one must be willing to pay to play so to speak.

The viewer experience has improved alot.  If one is not working for you, there are others to try.  Just do not try them all at once or you may run into problems with more than one sharing the same cache area.

Crossing sims on Mainland is much improved.  I used to get my car or bike wedged into the pavement upon crossing.  Not anymore.

Windlight was novel four years ago.  Now, it is expected..routine..and wonderful.

I, too, would like to hear Rod's longer term plans for SL.

=== Start and end your day with a smile ===
Loki Eliot
Topics: 124
Blog Posts: 0

Hopefully they will fix the OpenGL issues on the Mac Viewer eventually

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure."."
— Mark Twain
Tara Chester

Another "end of the world" thread, avis are dying all over the place, eh? Speaking as a merchant, this October was my best month ever. Enjoy!

Audra Siemens
Topics: 6

I read this post after having spent the last hour clearing cache, relogging, rebaking, waiting for inventory to fetch and still not loading from my cloud avi.... so I feel the pain of those you speak. 

I am also a sim owner, business owner, creator and blah blah blah in SL.. 

Yes SL is bad... yes.. it is expensive... but.. it has been worse. 

I remember the days of the Monkey Wrench photos on the regular website saying the grid was down and they were working on it.. EVERY. FREAKING. WEEKEND. 

I remember TPing somewhere and landing with your hair, or your shoe, attached to your rear end (OR BOTH!) 

I remember hoping that you were on a good sim with lots to do when the TPs went down - as they did at least once a week across the grid. 

I remember frantically clicking "login" and holding my breath for when the logins would be restored gridwide after a system crash.

Trying to get my avi to load once in a while isn't so bad when I think about what it used to be like.

That being said, being a cloud is no fun - paying 295 USD a month for a sim to myself is no fun (although they did recently have a sale that waived the 1000$ USD set up fees which certainly made owning a sim more accessable..) and knowing that my shop space is much much much much less likely to come to my in world shop that i'm paying through th nose for, than my marketplace shop that LL just takes a cut from. 

One thing that used to be awesome and now is down the tubes is certainly the support. The support used to be awesome, and now its crap. Point blank. But that's what happens when you a) downsize and b) outsource. Less people working at the same thing and more people without a vested interest in the company creates a lot of people who could really give a **bleep** about your issues. 

So like anything, there's good and bad things about SL currently - and the poor RL economy certainly isn't helping things, but hopefully things will look up soon, on both fronts. I am quite interested to see where Linden Labs will head next. 

Good Luck in World!

Kushie Estates
Live the Kushie Life!
Visit us in-world or online!
Sy Beck

[ Edited ]

LL plans for the future

Follow the link for Rod Humble's address to SLCC 2011 where he says what LL's plans are for the future.  His 40 min videoed speech is halfway down the page.

To address a few of your points, if somebody spends more than you to advertise they will miraculously appear higher than you in the listings.  I'm sure that if you paid more than everybody else you'd be miffed if somebody who paid L$50 appeared before you.

Are many leaving?  Can you link a source?  According to the video above 16,000 people join SL each day.  Are you suggesting more than that leave each day?

I agree that MP is doing nothing beneficial for inworld shopping or land sales in general.

As regards, them [LL] listening to us and doing what we want maybe they do listen, but when are we rarely all in agreement with each other and people who write in forums do not represent the vast majority.  A user survey that had to be completed before a login addressing a wide range of known issues would be better and yes, it would be nice to see the end results.

All those tech things that happen to you that you have listed hardly ever happen to me.  I'm sure that when you eventually get round to buying a new computer most of them will disappear for you too.  This is a resource hungry platform made worse by people using too higher resolution textures, using unnecessary scripts or AOs when not needed.  If they won't change or your PC can't handle it then there is little at the moment that LL can do to change that.

As for your final point LL have told us what they are doing in that video and various other resources too if you could spare a minute to look there first rather than a minute venting your spleen here to be redirected there anyway.

A more extensive summary regarding other aspects of SL from SLCC

Why worry about the Illuminati when the Ignorati outnumber them by billions.

wrable Amat

the fact is the world is ever changing..trend come and go.SL  was a trend not a way of life.It will decline as part of any trend also it was not design for every one to make money..it was design for creative play.

www.MommyIncSL.us
Venus Petrov
Topics: 74

Reply to Sy Beck - view message

Another great link. Thank you Sy.  I checked the blog announcements here and see nothing from mid-August like this.  Perhaps in future LL will post a nice summary like this on their own blog.

=== Start and end your day with a smile ===
Daniel Regenbogen

Reply to Sy Beck - view message

from Sy:

"Are many leaving?  Can you link a source?  According to the video above 16,000 people join SL each day.  Are you suggesting more than that leave each day?"

The problem is: they don't stay/don't spend much time in world. According to LL's own statistics, even with the number of new registrations going up, the sum of time spent in world by all is going down at least since Q2 2010 already (that's the last quarter listed in the current Q3 2011 statistics). So it seems that all the concentration on "Nice and Shiny" doesn't really work, doesn't really makes the new ones "survive" the 1st hour/1st week/1st month.