Watch Gold Advertisement?

Summer Logan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

wiked Anton wrote:

I am waiting for the
Vibrating pop ups that tell you "you've been selected...or you a winner".
...SL is going to the same place everyone else is...the commercial money tree

God, I hope not! those banners almost give me seizures. I totally hate what LL has done to the homepage. Sigh...just another way to grab some money.

Summer Logan wrote:

seems silly after all these years, this is the first time I've ever seen an advertisement. Is SL really hurting that bad? Should I be concerned?

Meh, I think they're just parroting the crowd. Steam is an ad fest; IMVU tries to install a bunch of browser adware along with its client; SL is still nearly pristine in comparison.

It does seem to be just the way things are these days. My RL email is from a provider that has been around for years (and NO, it does not start with the letter 'a') and from what I gather still doing pretty well, if not a market giant. Even so, the login page is plastered with the usual BS ads—"This local mom's simple anti-aging method has the dermatologists FUMING!". The provider is a reputable company; someone who works there must know the bulk of these ads are total BS, but they put them up anyway. Same with Yahoo, and many more.

It's just the way things are. I don't like it much, but if the revenue helps LL keep SL going, I won't complain.

I agree - it slides my whole dashboard down about an inch and I don't like it. Not only that but I do not see it until I login to the website... this concerns me. If LL wants to plaster their public website with baloney ads then that is their business but from what I can tell they are not allowing these ads on their public website...just within the login area like the dashboard.  I do not like this and I would like to be able to OPT OUT.  While these ads may bring LL more change to juggle in their pockets I do not appreciate being marketed to while logged in to my dashboard.  And as one person mentioned - what is next? Non-SL related in world advertising? Are they selling our info to marketers?

Honestly they can't be bothered to have an ALERTS area on the dashboard to tell everyone SL news (rather than us searching all over to find out what is going on) but they can add junk advertising. :/ Pathetic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.