@@@@@@@ WE NEED MORE ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi  we need more clothes with HUDS please. i recently bought some clothes and it had a hud so i could change the shirt the pants the shoes etc, the colors, sizes everything it was amazing  !

also i bought a car that did the same thing. the HUD controlled everything i was so amazed ! now heres my question,are designers being greedy ? do they want you to buy every color shirt they have at 100 lindens each? if so make a shirt with a HUD , then put say 6 colors and charge 600 lindens, problem solved you wont lose money.

helloooooooooooooo  HUDS exist ! do not ignore them , customers  should demand them and designers should offer them, right now there are hundreds of designers and only a small percentage use HUDS !

I DO NOT MEAN TO BE RUDE TO ANYONE BUT CMON PPL ITS 2014 AND HUDS EXIST,PLEASE USE THEM 

WHEN EVER I SEE SOMETHING I WANT TO BUY, IF IT DOES NOT HAVE A HUD . I DO NOT BUY IT .

Thank you

^^this plus....

Many places will not allow you to stay if you wear too many scripts.  You will be sent home or given a limited amount of time to remove them.

For designers that don't use HUDs but have mulitple colors or patterns of the same clothing, look for Fat Packs.  These contain all of the variations, usually at a greatly reduced price compared to buy them individually.

Thank you :smileyembarrassed:

BLADEZRAVEN wrote:

Hi  we need more clothes with HUDS please. i recently bought some clothes and it had a hud so i could change the shirt the pants the shoes etc, the colors, sizes everything it was amazing  !

also i bought a car that did the same thing. the HUD controlled everything i was so amazed ! now heres my question,are designers being greedy ? do they want you to buy every color shirt they have at 100 lindens each? if so make a shirt with a HUD , then put say 6 colors and charge 600 lindens, problem solved you wont lose money.

helloooooooooooooo  HUDS exist ! do not ignore them , customers  should demand them and designers should offer them, right now there are hundreds of designers and only a small percentage use HUDS !

I DO NOT MEAN TO BE RUDE TO ANYONE BUT CMON PPL ITS 2014 AND HUDS EXIST,PLEASE USE THEM 

WHEN EVER I SEE SOMETHING I WANT TO BUY, IF IT DOES NOT HAVE A HUD . I DO NOT BUY IT .

Thank you

No, they are not being "greedy."

They are just making money.

Do you complain like this when you go to the mall and you have to buy more than one shirt if you want different colors?  Oh those greedy b*stards.

And by the way, you can't change colors on system clothes via a hud.  (At least I've never seen it done).

lol when i go to the mall i do not complain . but rl and sl are very different, i can not fly in rl , do you understand now?

i prefer more choices and fantasy as opposed to rl .  i do not think asking for a shirt to come with a color hud is an outrageous request.

but lag i guess is a big problem in sl so oh well fatpacks and a million items it is ...  no HUDS for us !!!  

HAPPY NOW ???

BLADEZRAVEN wrote:

lol when i go to the mall i do not complain . but rl and sl are very different, i can not fly in rl , do you understand now?

i prefer more choices and fantasy as opposed to rl .  i do not think asking for a shirt to come with a color hud is an outrageous request.

but lag i guess is a big problem in sl so oh well fatpacks and a million items it is ...  no HUDS for us !!!  

HAPPY NOW ???

Actually I don't get the difference.

Because there are things I can do in RL that I can't do in SL the analogy falls flat.

But RL or SL, Merchants are there to, gasp, make money.

And while you did not "accuse" them of being greedy, you hinted at it.

If you don't like the 'inflated' prices at the Mall, there's always Goodwill or the Salvation Army.

But it is nice that you understand now at least one of the reasons they don't all do HUDS.

Hud script lag? I don't actually accept that argument as I would expect someone to use a hud for it's purpose and then detach and it should only be one script in the hud and one in the clothes.

Texture loading and mesh object load will likely be more of a load by all the other avatars around, plus scripts are so de-prioritised now, I rarely see a sim struggling due to script load anymore.

Having said that, a hud is just an accessory. We don't NEED them but it's actually easier for a creator to supply multiple colors/textures in one than package up and list individual styles.

The only reason that would have made this difficult was the lack of ability to set specular and normal maps via script but this has recently changed.

Either way it's the choice of both creator and purchaser as to what best suits their needs.

Almost everything I buy now days has a HUD, in fact I don't even look at it unless I see a HUD. And I also don't spend hundreds of lindens on anything in SL. There are many newer people selling that are here because they like the game, not to make a living. If it were not for them I would be naked all the time, or playing someplace else. Oh wait, could that be why there are so many avatars made daily yet the people that stick around are so few?

And no, the HUD clothing is not script heavy.

Perrie Juran wrote:

I have seen some shoes sold at 350 L$ a pair. No mod. Then if you want to have different colour you need to by that other colour with 350 L$. And it is just for the different colour version of the shoes, exactly the same texture, just tinted with other colour. That is a "bit" greedy I think.

I would understand it a little bit more if there was beautifully designed other texture. But no, just the colour. Ufff...

Anyway, I don't quite even get, nor like, this "no mod" thing some designers cultivate. :smileywink:

Coby Foden wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I have seen some shoes sold at 350 L$ a pair. No mod. Then if you want to have different colour you need to by that other colour with 350 L$. And it is just for the different
colour
version of the shoes,
exactly the same texture
, just tinted with other colour. That is a "bit" greedy I think.

I would understand it a little bit more if there was beautifully designed other texture. But no, just the colour. Ufff...

Anyway, I don't quite even get, nor like, this "no mod" thing some designers cultivate. :smileywink:

Expensive for the customer?  Perhaps, depending a lot on your point of view, which is usually defined by how much money you have to burn. For me, I don't have a lot of money so I would find it to be expensive.

But greedy on the part of the Merchant?  That is something I am very hesitant to pass judgement on.  In the long run they might make more money by offering a discounted multi-pack.  If they made more money by offering a discounted multi-pack to you the customer, would you still refer to them as greedy?

I'm not saying that you are doing it per se, but what is going on here is people are calling others greedy when simply put, something is too expensive for them or costs more than they think it should cost.  And most of the people I see throwing the word "greed" around don't even have a basic understanding of what it means.  (That would be a side discussion that I won't get into here.  Suffice it to say that there have been volumes written on the subject).

Like you, I do prefer things to be "mod" so I can tweak them to my liking.  But I'll sure think twice before throwing out the "greed" word in reference to those who make things "no mod."

Ok, let's forget the word "greedy"; instead I can put the thing around this way:

I would feel very stupid if I bought some no mod clothing item and then bought the same item again with other colours, possibly three, four or five different colours and paid for all of those colour variations the full price. Why would I feel stupid? Because I know that the creator made that other colour variation very fast in few seconds, there was not much effort nor time spent in creating it. So I would feel that I paid the full price for the few seconds of work; it would not feel "right".

Of course it would be different matter if there was actually different nice texturing done, then there was effort done in creating it, naturally the designer wants to be paid for the effort and that's all right.

Yes, I want to pay the full price for the effort, but not for the few mouse clicks. :smileyhappy:

Coby Foden wrote:

Ok, let's forget the word "greedy"; instead I can put the thing around this way:

I would feel very stupid if I bought some no mod clothing item and then bought the same item again with other colours, possibly three, four or five different colours and paid for all of those colour variations the full price. Why would I feel stupid? Because I know that the creator made that other colour variation very fast in few seconds, there was not much effort nor time spent in creating it. So I would feel that I paid the full price for the few seconds of work; it would not feel "right".

Of course it would be different matter if there was actually different nice texturing done, then there was effort done in creating it, naturally the designer wants to be paid for the effort and that's all right.

Yes, I want to pay the full price for the effort, but not for the few mouse clicks. :smileyhappy:

Right.  You don't think it's a good value for your dollar.  Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

More than likely, in the shoe scenario you described, I would feel the same way and would take my business elsewhere. 

Right now one of the more popular shoe Merchants is having a big sale on shoes they are getting ready to "retire."  Individual colors are $350L (half the regular price) and I think the fat packs, 10 colors, are $1300L. 

I went with a couple of my girlfriends and they didn't buy anything.  There weren't any "must have styles" and they already have large shoe collections.  But they TP'd in a new friend for whom the fat packs were a great value.  Being new to SL and not having many shoes, a couple of fat packs were perfect for starting out.  They now have a nice collection that they can match up with a lot of outfits going forward.

If individual colors had been priced lower my friends might have bought a few pairs.  But a Merchant has to be careful that the discount sales don't cut so deeply into their Mainline sales that it has a negative impact on them.  For my two friends the sale was not a good value so they passed on it.

Sassy Romano wrote:

No reason to suggest that just because it has a hud that it is therefore no mod.

Do both, easy!

ya but if i buy a no hud modify i will get a modify.

Where in the past i've bought hud items before that have said they were modify and the items were no modify..

The creators meaning of it was modify because of the hud being able to modify the item.

just because a hud item listed says it is modify does not mean the item itself  always is..

I just much rather play it safe than keep getting bit hehehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.