Unpleasant issue [advanced matter]

Eugenie Aldrin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

I have a really unpleasent experience with the game, here I'll try to explain it clearly. 

When I enter the game, I am a red cloud. I can't detach items. The way I fix it is. I turn off the RLV, restart the viewer, then I go Avatar > Avatar health > Reset default avatar, and then I build my avatar again. And everyhing is allright. 

Someone have a clue what is the cause? If I don't turn of the RLV and restart the viewer, the option for reset default avatar doesn't work. I believe I have no RLV restrictions.

Hello everyone,

I have a really unpleasent experience with the game, here I'll try to explain it clearly. 

When I enter the game, I am a red cloud. I can't detach items. The way I fix it is. I turn off the RLV, restart the viewer, then I go Avatar > Avatar health > Reset default avatar, and then I build my avatar again. And everyhing is allright. 

Someone have a clue what is the cause? If I don't turn of the RLV and restart the viewer, the option for reset default avatar doesn't work. I believe I have no RLV restrictions.

Although you say you don't believe you have any RLVa restrictions, what you describe is wholly consistent with your having something locked onto you (a collar, maybe, or a clothing layer or attachment you don't want to remove by accident?  Most relays lock themselves to your screen when they are active).  A locked attachment or clothing layer stops you resetting your avatar (because that would remove the locked items, or add items to points or layers that were locked empty).

Fortunately, there's a simple way to check your RLVa restrictions.   Click the RLVa menu button at the top of your screen and choose "Restrictions.." (the last option).   That will list your restrictions, if any, and tell you what object has imposed them.

I have just tested this in the latest Firestorm, and resetting my avatar works as expected with RLVa on and off.

Two possibilities occur to me.  First is that SL has been having all sorts of problems with inventory lately, so that could be it (and the relogging is maybe coincidental, or maybe it's the relog that shifts things and not turning RLVa off and on.

The second it that's something to do with your installation.   I think before doing much more, I would first try to see if the problem persists in some other regions.   I would also try doing a clean install of Firestorm to see if that does any good.     

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Two possibilities occur to me.  First is that SL has been having all sorts of problems with inventory lately, so that could be it (and the relogging is maybe coincidental, or maybe it's the relog that shifts things and not turning RLVa off and on.

This one, especially, this weekend. A cache clear (can just wipe the inventory cache if you're familiar with what's in the cache folder) can make a big difference right now, because the network troubles got the server's and viewer's ideas of what's in the current outfit folder out of sync. That plays holy hell with the outfit manager.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.