Transparent Transparency Woes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am just decorating my club for an event in a few days time, and there are a lot of transparencies (curtains, venetian masks, and the like) in the club. 

I keep meaning to ask, but never used so many at once, and they mostly disappear once layered.  Is there a way to stop this happening, so all the layers in the decor can be seen and enjoyed?

Thanks in advance.

Surfaces that are intended to blend transparencies will have this "alpha sorting" problem, but if there are any partially-transparent surfaces that are, per pixel, all-opaque or all transparent, those can be made immune from the sorting problem by setting them to use "Alpha Masking" instead of "Alpha Blending" and then tweaking the threshold for what alpha level is to be rendered opaque. Be aware, however, that this minimal use of "Materials" causes Mesh accounting of Land Impact, so it's probably safest to first flip the object's physics to Convex Hull (or None).

Qie Niangao wrote:

Surfaces that are intended to blend transparencies will have this "alpha sorting" problem, but if there are any partially-transparent surfaces that are, per pixel, all-opaque or all transparent, those can be made immune from the sorting problem by setting them to use "Alpha Masking" instead of "Alpha Blending" and then tweaking the threshold for what alpha level is to be rendered opaque. Be aware, however, that this minimal use of "Materials" causes Mesh accounting of Land Impact, so it's probably safest to first flip the object's physics to Convex Hull (or None).

Excellent Qie :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.