Test grid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the love of god how do I access (or launch) the test grid???

I've look everywhere and all I get is some like this "the name is Adity", "is for testing purposes", "you'll save lindens", etc..... but can't find the really important info "HOW TO ACCESS THE TEST GRID" I read somewhere that pressing and holding Ctrl+shift+G while logging in will enable the option to acces the test grid but NO it does not ( atlest I did nothing on my viewer).

So anyone can share this info I can't afford any longer to keep paying to test each modification I do to my models and rigs.

THANK YOU ALL.

On the official Beta viewer there are several choices at the bottom left of the login screen. From left to right they are Username, Password, Start At (if enabled) and the grid choice drop down menu. There are two choices, Main Grid (Agni) and Beta Test Grid (Aditi).

I do not know if other viewers have this option and I do not see it in the non beta viewer.

You can download the Beta viewer here: http://secondlife.com/support/downloads 

Firestorm also has the option to use the beta grid.

At the bottom of the firestorm login page you see(mine is based on using the phoenix look/setup, so the buttons may look different, or say something different, with other skins..but the functionality is still there)

username, password, log in button, default settings option(mine's set to phoenix but you also have firestorm, v3 and hybrid as well), start at(you can select last location, home, or type in a location), and finally log onto grid(this is where you would select the beta grid)

Now I don't know if you have to, prior to seeing that grid option, enable something in preferences or anything like that. But I honestly don't remember doing so. I don't remember having to do so back when I used phoenix either. So it may be on by default. If it's not...someone please correct me.

ALRIGHT!!!!

Thank you, I had that official viewer installed the whole time but for some reason the grid selection was disabled on my login screen, the description of the choices you gave me send me to check the menus available and found the check box for grid selection under /me/preferences.

Once again thank you very much.

Mana Blackheart wrote:

ALRIGHT!!!!

Thank you, I had that official viewer installed the whole time but for some reason the grid selection was disabled on my login screen, the description of the choices you gave me send me to check the menus available and found the check box for grid selection under /me/preferences.

Once again thank you very much.

Ah, that's great to know.

Me > Preferences > Advanced > Show Grid Selection at Login

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.