Suddenly I cannot access adult content any more

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey folks,

maybe you can help me out. Here the facts:

I cannot access adult content/places from within the viewer when I perform a search. My Adult landmarks don't work anymore.

I cannot teleport to any Adult rated area, even if I get a teleport from somebody else.

Funny enough, even my "home" is an adlut area, so i cannot go home anymore. Two days ago there was no problem.

My avatar is 7 years old.

I have payment on file and it's up to date.

I can use marketplace and buy stuff from there. I can perform search and I can see adult content in the market place.

I have the options available and selected in the viewer "I want to access content rated: G M A"

I used the latest original SL viewer, I can select G M A there too. I tryed Firestorm and CtrlAltStudio, same result.

I have a second charakter/avatar with the same payment information, exactly the same settings in the viewer and this one has no problem accessing adult content.

I cannot see any option in my account settings in the web browser where I can check or uncheck the maturity level.

Can you help me out please?

thank you!

There is no age verification feature anymore.  LL removed that feature in 2012, so you just have to select your age.  If owner has payment info selected, then you can't enter that adult region.   If Tarro Perra is the correct name, then you see that there is no payment info.     Try a support ticket, and see if that fixes it. 

I had this happen last winter with an alt. I had a credit card on file with my account but I had never used it to buy anything inworld, on the market place or pay fees with. My profile said I had "no payment info on file" though. I ended up buying some Linden Dollars and my payment status changed to "payment info on file". I was able to access adult areas after than and areas I needed payment info to enter.

Thank you!

"If Tarro Perra is the correct name, then you see that there is no payment info."

Where can you see this information? In my account settings there clearly is stated that there is a payment on file, it's active. I just updated it yesterday.

In my account settings there clearly is stated that there is a payment on file, it's active. I just updated it yesterday.

Yes, it does, I checked that and it shows that you have payment info on file. Anyway, having payment info or not shouldn't have anything to do with maturity ratings. But quite recently there were some issues concerning something that may be related... or not. Please check the JIRA I filed (the issue seems to be more or less resolved now): https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-6735

As I said before, if I were you I'd file a JIRA providing as much info as possible. The way you described your problem sounds more like a SL bug than anything else.

Maybe it is because I am using firestorm, but I still don't see Tarro Pera payment info.  Very few sims use that feature.  It is only selected in about land, but most of the adult sims that I visit don't have that feature selected.  I owned 4 private estates in the pasts, and never used that feature. 

The Jira that Mbeatrix posted is based on if you can log into SL.   They get this message "Login failed. Could not connect to a simulator"  

Sorry, that has nothing to do with maturity ratings.   That bug seems to be related to PayPal accounts.   LL probably banned the email account of the ISP provider, so you can't login.    I am not sure why people would pay their LL bill with PayPal.  CC has much safer rhan PayPal, because of the Zero liability on the internet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.