Re: Strange things happening.

Reply to Syo Emerald - view message

Do you feel better after that, do you get your own corner in the school yard, lol, pathetic.

http://www.msdcs.co.uk/v2combat_meters/

http://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/18253
Recognized Helper
Marigold Devin

Reply to Lucinda Bulloch - view message

It is often the people who "think outside the box" who are ridiculed. This is often because people do not understand, or do not wish to understand, or are even scared at their lack of knowledge about a subject. I only know what I only know, Luci, and I think you got a mix of responses in this thread. A lot of people are very interested in how and why we are here, what is outside of our tiny little world, others don't wish to be reminded of it.

I know what you mean about the Beta chat and a lot of groups' chat. People are people. There is good in everyone, and there is bad in everyone. Sometimes the good comes out, sometimes the bad.  We have to not take it personally, and just be ourselves.

It was a very brave thread that you started.  I need to read up on a lot of things that have come up subsequently in the thread. (My book list is HUGE) :matte-motes-big-grin:

Learning something new every day.

[ Edited ]

Reply to Marigold Devin - view message

Ty, I am old and tired, I don't have the time for this banter, I have met to many that are just wishing to climb on top no matter how many they tread on, soon I and my generation will be dead and this lot will be in charge, I think they will get what they deserve, but ty, was like the thread the other week about the meaning of life, so much I wanted to speak but again the thread was filled with narrow people with narrow views, don't have the time to change them or engage in them.

Syo Emerald
Topics: 26

Face it, you are some kind of a troll. Everytime you start a topic here it takes around 3 to 10 replies to make you jump out of your skin and blame everyone for being dumb, silly or to young to understand your brillant ideas and opinions. But instead of silently leaving you try everything to keep your thread on the top. Poking the people you called dumb enough so they reply again to say that you will leave now, because everyone is mean to you.

This continues for a while until you finaly find something else to do, cause every promise about leaving the thread, us or the forum aren't followed by actions. You want to look intelligent? Then don't rage on jokes, other peoples opinion or simply the fact that they dislike your behavior.

So...Mr. Superbrain-theworldhasearthquakes....trying to beat people by making a stupid comment about school yards doesn't make you stand in a good light. If you want to have nice discussions here, you should change something.

On the internet nobody knows you are a dog.

Reply to Syo Emerald - view message

And what did you add other than insults, face it dear you have nothing to offer, only cheap insults from a very cheap person.

Recognized Helper
Marigold Devin

It often makes me laugh out loud that people wish to climb to the top, but the top of what?  Ego is a strange thing. 

I am also old and tired.  When I was 16-18, I would meet my young friends at certain places in my town, and the world belonged to us and us alone. We knew it all.  Now the town belongs to the 16-18 year olds, and they know it all, of course.  :matte-motes-wink:

Ignorance can be bliss.  I fear I am ignorant in many things, but what I don't understand, I endeavour to learn about, and if I ever put anyone down, it is done unintentionally.

You started a potentially interesting thread, you must focus on the like-minded within it, and discard the flippant and unkind.  If someone treats you like you do not matter, better not to even acknowledge they exist, because we don't know what lies behind harsh words, not really; maybe simple arrogance, maybe mental illness. 

Innula Zenovka

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

also the sun rose 2 days early over greenland, so I think I have been proved right,

That happened last year too, didn't it?

The only explanation, according to Thomas Posch, of the Institute for Astronomy of the University of Vienna, is a local change of the horizon: Since the ice levels are sinking, so does the horizon. The Sun's rays—coming at a very low angle because of Earth's inclination—don't get blocked by a mass of ice to the East and they can reach areas that were covered in shadow, illuminating them directly.

Reply to Innula Zenovka - view message

The sun dont rise over ice, it rises over rock and that what it was measured against, but it seems only the people of greenland know that and think its odd that all these so called experts have ignored that and said ice. look at greenland and not places like Vienna that seem to have an axe to grind.

Madelaine McMasters

Reply to Marigold Devin - view message

Marigold Devin wrote:

It often makes me laugh out loud that people wish to climb to the top, but the top of what?  Ego is a strange thing. 

I am also old and tired.  When I was 16-18, I would meet my young friends at certain places in my town, and the world belonged to us and us alone. We knew it all.  Now the town belongs to the 16-18 year olds, and they know it all, of course.  :matte-motes-wink:

Ignorance can be bliss.  I fear I am ignorant in many things, but what I don't understand, I endeavour to learn about, and if I ever put anyone down, it is done unintentionally.

You started a potentially interesting thread, you must focus on the like-minded within it, and discard the flippant and unkind.  If someone treats you like you do not matter, better not to even acknowledge they exist, because we don't know what lies behind harsh words, not really; maybe simple arrogance, maybe mental illness. 

Mari, your "you must focus on the like-minded" seems to contradict your "I endeavour to learn". Do we learn from the like minded? As as to Lucinda's focus, it does seem laser-like to me.

I enabled anti-aliasing. Why is Snugs still here?
Please give generously to the McMasters Institute for the Advancement of Harmless Flirtation™.
Recognized Helper
Marigold Devin

Reply to Madelaine McMasters - view message

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Mari, your "you must focus on the like-minded" seems to contradict your "I endeavour to learn". Do we learn from the like minded? As as to Lucinda's focus, it does seem laser-like to me.

Does it seem to?

And yes, you can learn from the like-minded, those being people with similar interests and leanings, rather than those who dismiss your beliefs, if you get what I mean.

Luci, like everyone, knows what she knows, researches what she's interested in, and just seemed to me to wish to discuss those interests.  What followed was a mix of like-minded people also wishing to discuss the theories, along with "the usual" people who just wanted to put her down for wanting to discuss something a little bit out of their range of interest.

So I don't believe my statement was contradictory at all.