Starting to be spammed by RMT's

Aria Repine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Seriously... I thought Second Life would be immune from these asshats, as there's no real way to 'earn' $L's in Second life without buying it from LL's to start with (either threw direct payments, or from having a 'premium account'), or earning it from someone else who purchased it from LL in one form or another.

So Why is it ive recently been getting spammed by throw-away SL accounts (the sl name is just random letters), to go visit some website for "cheep Lindens"? (no, i dont go to the site, or click the link, or anything of that nature, im smarter than that =) ).

I havnt been getting them through IM's. Rather ive been getting them sent to me as a SL web-based Message.

Is there some way i can report these people (and the domain name information for the website) to LL?.. Is there anything i can do personally to report the Domain name to some government agency?....  (or more evily, anyone know how to contact Anonymus so that i can get 'them' to go have fun with this asshats website?)

anyone else been getting these lately?

scammers will be scammers...

Good chance you'll never get your L$. If you do get them, good chance they're leeched from hacked accounts.

That's the same way most goldsellers operate in MMOs as well btw, the gold they sell either doesn't exist at all or was stolen in the first place.
There's very few where farming for it is so quick and cheap that it pays to employ armies of kids/bots to do it for you (and fewer still where it's allowed), and in those most of the population has so much gold they can farm themselves the inflation has made the amounts you'd need to farm to meet demand too high to employ such tactics.

Yea.

I know is a scam and such and never click the bogus links they post.  Though i did send abuse/fraud report e-mails to the domain hosting companies that the guy is using for his two sites (ones a .com, the other is .net).  So maybe the Domain companines will shut the websites down so the more gullible people (who dont know any better) dont gettaken in by it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.