Someone still has money on hold, even sending the TAX Form and required documents?

AnaSmith12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My husband sent the Tax form and required documents in 01/21, and til now  we dont have any answers in our ticket, we already add coments and nothing! he tryied to open another ticket, but we got this answer :

Thanks for contacting Linden Lab Support. I do apologize for any inconveniences or issues that you may be experiencing with your account at this time. I am closing this case as it is a duplicate of case #01843334#. I have updated your open case with your new information. Please make all comments and responses to that case only by replying back in that case. Duplicate cases can slow down the process of getting your issue resolved so please refrain from submitting any more cases on this issue. Best Regards,

Yesterday he tryied a call, and a nice lady on phone finally said him that LL recieved his documents and TAX form, but he should need to wait for an answer on ticket, and that LL is totaly busy with lots of TAX forms, well nothing changed yet, our ticket still "in Process" and will complete 1 month in february 9th that our money is on hold, I really would like to know if there is someone in the same situation.

thanks

Ana Smith.

It's not "odd"

I just think they are overwhelmed with people sending in multiple tickets and questions about this sudden demand of TAX and ID documents.

Unless your initial ticket where they requested the TAX and Photo ID been closed and have you been told your account has now been deemed as official then they won't pay you.

DId you send

1) Scan/Photo of some Photo ID with your current address clearly visible?

2) Copy of 2 Utiity bills with your name and current address clearly visible?

3) A completed copy of the TAX form?

If there is anything missing or the form was not completed correctly then this is why they are holding you up.

My suggestion is keep your inquiry direct, clear and no emotional rants (I used to get angry and be pissy and it never did me any favours!)

Telephone again and explain, you want to speak to one person who has the authority to give you straight answers.

Take the name of that person. ALWAYS as they you have a point of reference and they know you know their name and they are then more likely not to pass the book if they understand you will be asking for that person by name each and every time you call.

Good Luck.

Thank you for your charisma Lilibeth, I tried to call them today, asked to speak to a person who can give me straight answers, and then discovered that only the call center operates on weekends, the technicians responsible for Tax Forms, are operating only Monday through Friday, but all documents are ok and readable, I really think they are busy with all this demand, tomorrow I'll try to call again, and post the news,

Thank you very much.

Ana Smith.

I'm waiting as well. I submitted forms and within a couple hours I got a response that they had everything they needed except I entered a line on the w2 incorrectly. I resubmitted the form (twice) and 2 business days later still waiting. My funds are also being held it is impacting me financially and could casue serious issues for me if this continues much longer.

II actually had a rep from LL, in chat, close the chat on me because they didn;t want to deal with my questions. So instead I made a call and talked to someone who was far more knowledgable about things, and explained to me what was going on. Sure enough about an hour later I got the email anwsering my ticket indicating what I needed to do. I filled out the form, attached the photo ID to the ticket I had opened and requested they let me know if there was anything left for me to do.

They replied about 2 hours later saying everything was in order, and that I should have the money either by end of the day, or the next day.  I received the money 45 minutes later.

I do think they are overwhelmed, and perhaps not so much as the amount of info they are getting, which I am guess is A LOT, but more from people who prefer to fight this rather than just deal with it.  But yeah, the floodgates on this thing has opened for LL (and for us).

Keep in mind one thing. This isn't an LL thing... this is a law thay they have to follow. Other virtual worlds that allow you to cash out should also be doing the same thing

The process for collecting tax info and holding up withdrawals is totally out of control. I've waited over 18 days for a PayPal transfer. All relevant tax information was sent. Until today I could not get any response from linden lab. Their response was simply because I kept adding comments to my case the case was constantly being sent to the back of the line! Needless to say I'm furious.

They are probably swamped with thousands of people submitting their applications at once, and knowing Linden Lab they probably have one member of staff dealing with it for like, two hours a day inbetween dealing with all the other stuff that would have been done by other staff members, if they had any left.

It IS shocking.

I am lucky.. I sent the forms they told me it was fine now but I got no money so I opened a NEW case which included the ticket number from the TAX case so they could check and asked them to process my credit as I was overdrawn at the bank and they did, the same day which I think was a Friday!

If I was to hazard a guess, I would say, the TAX dept has been onto LL and they have been blindsided by it and given a period of time to collect the data.

They/we have got away with it for ten years after all. How much money has been lost or not paid in taxes over those ten years?

I would not want to be LL as a big company they must have known this was a requirement.

LillyBeth Filth wrote:

I would not want to be LL as a big company they must have known this was a requirement.

They may have requested and been waiting for a determination from the IRS.  (This again is where their silence is so bad for publicity and customer relations).

Cash outs are done through Pay Pal or Bank Draft.  Pay Pal already collects the info and/or reports as required.  They may have thought because PayPal already does this they might not need to.  It duplicates the reporting.  Bank drafts are for larger sums of money and Banks already have reporting rules they have to follow for larger transactions. 

Granted they could have given us a heads up and said, "There are new rules and we have asked what we need to do to be in compliance so be prepared," but even then once they got the decision it could have included, "You've got 30 days to get in compliance."  It would have at least given every one a chance to get the required documents ready to send if needed.  But once it happenned, all the processing they are now doing would have probally still happenned.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after one million problems and headache, I recieved my money that was on hold, I Got answer that my account is finally up to date, and they paid me in the day after, one week after i sent the tax forms and my documents, well after that i exchanged more, and today is the 7th business day and nothing went to my paypal, does anyone with the same problem? why that delay if account is already ok?

Thanks.

Ana.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.