So much for the Advance Listing Marketplace Ripoff...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I sure won't be wasting lin on it again.

Spend over 2000 Lin for a "7 Day Advance Listing on the MP Home page" and  "L$0 Listing on checkout" 2 days ago and according to people I know neither have showed up, and they when through the whole list. The money was taken out of my account quick enough, it won't be done again.

Be wary of it..

Cheers

Did you get a contract stating how many and who would see your ad how many times? No? Thought so.

So you asked 3-4 people who each looked 3-4 times over a period of a few hours and they didn't see your ad, which is supposed to show up for random viewers, of which there are millions, over the course of a week. Chances of those few people in that short timespan seeing that ad are miniscule.

Yes, I was aware of this ripoff (and the very misleading speel about it by LL). Unfortunatly, I didn't contact my Shop Keeper staff in time. Both Ads have now been stated as termiated after 7 days, I'm just glad she didn't do it for a month.

The 3 or 4 people have been checking off and on for the last 2 days.not a few hours

Classifieds seem even worse, if you want to be shown there it will cost you 200K+

Cheers

Honestly I would not even bother wasting for an advanced market place listing it just isn't even worthit in my view unless you are a BIG business even then.

Popular Skin Creators and Designers I know of are so well known everyone knows of them and there is no need for it they own a full sim on the ones I know of or at least I think they do and they have a massive amount of skins there and have been in world for years.

The best way you can make yourself known is by giving out freebies as well in freebie give away sims, Make sure what you give out is non full permissions Copy, No Mod Transfer, if you give it out full perms you can be prim spoofed by botters, or make it Copy Mod, no Trans give out both versions of it.

When frebies get around newbies start to get curious omg this is a goo item so they search for your store, and if it has your tag on it even better like <Example Store> Name of item.

Also Blogging, YouTube, FaceBook, Twitter gets your store name around, DO NOT GIVE PERSONAL information to these sitse however if you get hacked which their security often sucks you can put your RL identity at stake. DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR CELL NUMBER EITHER, you can be tracked by people with tech skills.

In game advertise networks help too such as Clubs with bilboards.

I know of many merchants who have used very unique advertise methods which is what got me started into shopping with a few of them I never heard of in my SL Life, It is just sad that this one group of people I knew of didn't have the money to keep their sims running, and if I could have afford it personally I would have paid to keep some of these places open because they were good. But my point is friends of friends make good connections for advertisement sometimes.

Look in the details for the enhancement, you'll see the number of presentations and click throughs there.

As has been stated, a few friends looking hourly or even every 5 minutes won't tell you anything about the exposure of the ad. You are competing for exposure against others seeking the same.

=(^_^)= What would help here a lot is Linden post a simple auto-message in these cases saying:

"Sorry our enhancements are filled to overcapacity. There are currently 1643928 other merchants running ads. Are you sure you want to enhance your listing at this time?   (Y)     (N)"

This is what a thoughtful non-greedy company would do anyway :catwink:

well since it happened on an ad i paid for in august, i dont see any enhancement detail history in my mp account. maybe there is one, but in this case, pls tell me where i can get this.

btw while i was searching for an enhancement detail history, i just noticed that the ad they gave me for free on october, bec of the mess of the enhancement billing that happened in september, is still active. And guess what. i really see this one on the top of the category page. This is again, an obvious evidence of how seriously they manage the MP. And i will now have to check daily if they charge me for this ad i never asked for. 

So they display ad, pp didnt asked for and they dont display ad that pp pay for. Well done. Absolutely well done.

So if the deal is "Ok we take your money, and same ammount no matter we display your ad 1 time or 10 k times", im not interested. Thanks.  And since these ads never had a lot of effects on my MP sales, i will for now avoid to order them and focus on more sure ways to advertise my products.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

well since it happened on an ad i paid for in august, i dont see any enhancement detail history in my mp account. maybe there is one, but in this case, pls tell me where i can get this.

Merchant Home > Reports > Listing enhancements. But terminated enhancements are automatically removed after a period of time, so you might not be able to see it anymore if it terminated in August.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

btw while i was searching for an enhancement detail history, i just noticed that the ad they gave me for free on october, bec of the mess of the enhancement billing that happened in september, is still active. And guess what. i really see this one on the top of the category page.

I had those too, so I manually cancelled them.

Thanks for the great input. I will be taking your advice Trinity. I am not worried about them taking more Lin for non-existent ads. My "Staff Shop Keeper" is a very good friend of mine (life partner actually), the account she runs basically never has any L$ in it. It was set up in case one of the 'affiliates' (or new affiliates) we run that we granted full permission to the accounts money balance decided to pull a dirty and empty the account.

Would be nice if I could figure out how to put an actual link in my sig (dosen't seem to like HTML)

Cheers

Ry0ta Exonar wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Merchant Home > Reports > Listing enhancements. But terminated enhancements are automatically removed after a period of time, so you might not be able to see it anymore if it terminated in August.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

btw while i was searching for an enhancement detail history, i just noticed that the ad they gave me for free on october, bec of the mess of the enhancement billing that happened in september, is still active. And guess what. i really see this one on the top of the category page.

I had those too, so I manually cancelled them.

yes yes i know how to see my enhancement reports, but i was asking about an history. so i think you answered my question. No history for enhancements. :). Something to add to the long list for improving the market place so.

Now about cancelling the non asked enhancement... it doesnt let me. i cant click anywhere on the report except on my item name that open my item page. If i edit my item, i can see from the first day, that it is for not renewing. But after 5 weeks its still on !  Maybe they had a lack of enhancement for this page so they take my item to fill the ads ? Lol, im joking. More seriously, how did you cancelled yours ?  

Sassy Romano wrote:

Or just guarantee a number of impressions, then you get what you pay for, simple concept really.  Ad is then not timeframe bound but service bound. 

Are you saying that people pay for these listings and they are only displayed randomly, without any agreement or guarantee of a particular number of impressions or click-throughs? A sort of pot luck as to how many impressions they get? If that's so, I'm astonished that people actually pay for that. I know about paying for click-throughs and paying for a specific number of impressions, but I've never heard of a company charging money for pot luck. I would be astonished that a company would even come up with a ludicrous idea like that, but it's LL, so it's not even surprising. It's just another way for LL to put two fingers up to their paying customers - and they probably have a good time laughing at the people who buy into it.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

AthenaStarfire wrote:

Would be nice if I could figure out how to put an actual link in my sig (dosen't seem to like HTML)

y
ou'll prob think im a bit naive, but this is bec english is not my native language, but are you talking about your forumsignature or something else ?

Link in forum signature like you have.

ok, lol, so i understood well hehhehehe.

ive found the way recently in a forum thread but i cant find it again grrrr

anyway, here's what i did, : 

go in your settings and in the signature field add this : 

<a href="add here your url/">add here the display name of the link</a>

normally it should work fine. just add the url and the display name in the right places. :smileywink:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

yes yes i know how to see my enhancement reports, but i was asking about an history. so i think you answered my question. No history for enhancements.
:)
. Something to add to the long list for improving the market place so.

Now about cancelling the non asked enhancement... it doesnt let me. i cant click anywhere on the report except on my item name that open my item page. If i edit my item, i can see from the first day, that it is for not renewing. But after 5 weeks its still on !  Maybe they had a lack of enhancement for this page so they take my item to fill the ads ? Lol, im joking. More seriously, how did you cancelled yours ?  

Oh, I see. So now maybe you are experiencing a similar issue to the one reported in https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-2974?

In my case I had set some enhancements not to be renewed in the Subscriptions page, but they were still showing up even after due date without me being charged for them, but the Edit link on the right of each enhancement was available, so I could deleted them.

Well i just checked it again, and i nothing is highlighted except the name of my item what get me to the item page. So i cant delete it at all...and at the right the 'active" button cant be clicked.

Well as long as they dont charge me, if they want absolutely to make ad for my item, im not against the idea lol. 

see the ridiculous of the way to work of the MP : i pay for one week enhancement this summer and i never saw it on, they surely put it in the ad pot luck.... Now i didnt asked anything, neither paid for anything, and well, they insist to make ad for one of my item....Sometimes, its better to not look for understanding and let it go as it is....Sounds like LL moves in mysterious ways....:smileywink:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

ok, lol, so i understood well hehhehehe.

ive found the way recently in a forum thread but i cant find it again grrrr

anyway, here's what i did, : 

go in your settings and in the signature field add this : 

<a href="add here your url/">add here the display name of the link</a>

normally it should work fine. just add the url and the display name in the right places. :smileywink:

Thats kinda weird, I tried using straight HTML in sig before and it didn'r seem to work. Guess you needed to put the '/' at the end of the URL or maybe I didnt close the </a> ..either way it works now.. thanks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.