Snapshots to Profile Feed

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I tried asking this question in "Answers" but got nowhere and it doesn't allow you to reply to the thread to give further info, so I'm going to try here.

I have installed the beta 3.2.2...whatever viewer, because I want to be able to upload snapshots to my profile feed. However no matter what settings I choose, the upload always fails. Am I missing a setting in preferences somewhere? Do I have to enable this feature somehow before I can use it, or is it just broken?

Bonus question - how do I upload a pic from my hard disk to my feed?

ETA: it's not a profile pic I'm trying to upload here. It's profile feed.

ie I'm using this:

feedpic.jpg

to put a pic here:

feedpic2.jpg

I've certainly used this feature, in both LL's 3.2.2 and in the version of Marine Kelley's RLV that's made with it.

I can't get in to check right now, but, as I recall, after you've clicked Post To My Profile Feed and the box opens for you to enter a caption if you want, you then have to click the Refresh icon above the top left of the image actually to enable the button that posts it to your feed.

Hi Matty I have had the same problem. I am not sure of all the technical terms of what is going on but remember this is a development viewer. To get a picture turn down you graphic settings and make sure you have good frame rates. If that still does not work relog let everything load then take the pic. It seems to me that when this viewer gets laggy it stops taking pictures. The worst part is that it does not seem to be able to recover from lag either. If you are in a laggy area and you move to a non-laggy area it still will not take a picture, but it will if you relog. So try to play with the settings, avoid lag and relog when needed. Remember it is in development so you have to play with things sometimes to find what works.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.