Skyrim's Dibella Statue Spotted In Second Life?

Maxim Ouachita

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Why didn't you cite your source?    Here's where you got those images:

This isn't the first, nor will it be the last time that content has been ripped and brought into SL.  *le sigh* 

Oh no! Please you need to remove that. The first posting was deleted because mentioning the source. (3rd party links) :) No joke. This is already the 2nd posting, intentionally without linking the source to keep it alive.

Maxim Ouachita wrote:

This isn't the first, nor will it be the last time that content has been ripped and brought into SL.  *le sigh* 

Oh no! Please you need to remove that. The first posting was deleted because mentioning the source. (3rd party links)
:)
No joke. This is already the 2nd posting, intentionally without linking the source to keep it alive.

3rd party links are against the rules?  Hmm, I just looked at Linden Lab Official:Community Participation Guidelines, and don't see that.  

There is this :  "Do not reference other websites offering any product or service. "  Under the Spamming, Solicitation and Advertising section.  But, the website I linked to doesn't offer any product or service.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Community_Participation_Guidelines

Is there a specific rule saying "no 3rd party links?"  

Maxim Ouachita wrote:

Oh no! Please you need to remove that. The first posting was deleted because mentioning the source. (3rd party links)
No joke. This is already the 2nd posting, intentionally without linking the source to keep it alive.

That is wild it got removed.  We post up links all the time with no trouble.

Generally the problem is with 3rd party links that promote non-SL services.

Spamming, Solicitation and Advertising: Spamming is not allowed. This includes aggressive self-promotion. No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum. Do not reference other websites offering any product or service.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Discussion_guidelines

Syo Emerald wrote:

I can only assume that the monkeys LL hired to moderate the forum have finally gone nuts. A whole bunch of posts disappeared for no reason from another thread.

Sometimes that is the Dominoe effect.

Posts replying to a deleted post fall with it.

I did go look at the statue.  Not the highest quality work. 

The creator does not have an InWorld shop but looking at their MarketPlace I did not see it for sale.

Oh, and I think I know the trouble with originally linking it.  That may be Maxxim's own site which could be construed as "self promotion."  I'm not sure but it lists the author as Janic Ouchita.  Quite a similarity there.

Janic Ouachita
Janic Ouachita
Janic Ouachita

I found the statue in the marketplace named something like "Elf Statue"... I just found it now: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CJ-Fountain-Elf-Statue-WaterJets-Butterfly-copy-very-low-PrimLi-nice-Deco-for-a-cozy-LandHome/6237946

It made me upset to read the email of the moderation team. Perry found out that maybe it was seen as self promotion. If this should be the reason for the moderation team: You need to know that it is a private blog. The moderation team could even read all the details in the "About" tab. And please have a look how much influence this forum has:

stats.jpg

It's their rules... So I reposted - without the source link. Until now I don't know the exact reason for deleting the first posting. Community Guidelines Violation - 3rd party links was the topic.

Maxim Ouachita wrote:

No joke.
This is already the 2nd posting
, intentionally without linking the source to keep it alive.

• Abuse of Moderation or Moderators: Please honor our moderation process and the decisions that come out of it; they are being made in order to provide you with a productive environment for conversations about Second Life. We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:
    • Posts that discuss or re-post material that has been removed or locked by a moderator
    • Posts questioning a moderator’s decision
    • Posts that discuss the status of any Resident account (e.g., on hold, suspended, etc.)
    • Frivolous or malicious use of the abuse report feature

Looks like it may get pulled again... Just keep spamming with the same subject, re-posting material that has been removed.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Maxim Ouachita wrote:

No joke.
This is already the 2nd posting
, intentionally without linking the source to keep it alive.

• Abuse of Moderation or Moderators
    : Please honor our moderation process and the decisions that come out of it; they are being made in order to provide you with a productive environment for conversations about Second Life. We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:
    • Posts that discuss or
      re-post material
      that has been removed or locked by a moderator
    • Posts questioning a moderator’s decision
    • Posts that discuss the status of any Resident account (e.g., on hold, suspended, etc.)
    • Frivolous or malicious use of the abuse report feature

Looks like it may get pulled again... Just keep spamming with the same subject, re-posting material that has been removed.

Thank you for advice. Luckily there was no abuse of moderation or moderators and there is no re-posted material that would contain a source link.

Really, I think you somehow just got caught by a random drive by shooting. 

If you reply nicely sometimes they answer back.  It's rare from what I hear but I have gotten a few replies and some people have said they have even got their posts reinstated.

I could name a long list of people who regularly promote their Blogs here.

I missed seeing that Elf Statue when I looked on the creators M.P.

Having never played Skyrim I would have never recognised it for ripped content.

The Merchant may have even got it from somewhere else thinking it's legitimate.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.