Skill Gaming region on Beta grid

Tamara Artis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use to work on this sim on Beta grid and have all my work rezzed there, today I tried to login and tp there and it says the sim is now skill gaming region and I must meet certain criteria to enter. I can enter gaming regions on normal grid, just not this one (I guess its same as with the mesh upload where you need to take another test for beta grid?) Anyway does any of you knows what should I do now? I really need those things, they are not returned to my inventory, I managed to tp 4 sims away from them and double click on neighbouring region to tp and then it says

"[03:53] Second Life: The region you're trying to visit contains unknown content, but your current preferences are set to exclude unknown content." 

It means Linden Lab has once again screwed a resident over by their actions and severe lack of communication to residents.  Best I can offer is file a support ticket.  If they are unwilling to help, suggest you get a lawyer or sue them in small claims court for the cost of what items you lost.  This how that would most likely go down.  You sue (in your local court) and they do not show up.  You win a default judgement against them.  They refuse to pay.  You go back into court (this time with a lawyer) to start seizing property for a sidewalk auction (yes.. really... its taken out of the building outside and you start auctioning right then and there).  You have the right to seize as much property necessary to recover the judegement costs, lawyer fees, and all other associated costs of seizing their property according to Califonia law.  You do not have to be present.  A lawyer can handle everything for you on site.

I would suggest starting with their asset servers.  Those are the heart and soul of Second Life.  Taking them would shut SL down, making them legally and financially liable to all other residents in this case.  Also, seizing them under LL TOS would now make YOU the legal owner of all data (content) on those servers.  

I don't have any intentions to go on court, and its written somewhere in the TOS that they are not responsible for any lost content and can limit my access to any part of the service, without the prior notice. I was hoping that someone had similar situation and can help me figure out how to do it. I went to file a ticket but its huh... only thing related to gaming regions is when you want to get one for yourself, and rest is totally unrelated so not really sure where to start. Thanks though :)

Considering that it is the Beta Grid (Additi) have you tried changing your password?

There must be something unique about Skill Game regions they aren't telling us.  I do recall talk about Lindens having a problem when in god mode they needed to fix.  So they must have need for it on Additi.

Other sugestion is contact Maestro Linden directly about your problem.

namssab1nad Piers wrote:

It means Linden Lab has once again screwed a resident over by their actions and severe lack of communication to residents.  Best I can offer is file a support ticket.  If they are unwilling to help, suggest you get a lawyer or sue them in small claims court for the cost of what items you lost.  [...]

Are you kidding? This report is concerning the beta grid. There's no reason to expect something rezzed on that grid to remain there for ten minutes, let alone still be present at the next login. It's unfortunate that this ever happens at all because it apparently causes some to expect it to keep happening. Even if these particular objects are somehow retrieved from the bitbucket, nobody should ever rely on this.

Tamara Artis wrote:

Hey thats interesting suggestion! I am still a bit afraid to change it because of the bug they had last summer but if I don't figure out something else I'll try that one. Thanks!

I don't go to Additi often enough to really know everything about how things work there but we do know that SIMs get added and deleted as needed so there is always a risk of any SIM disappearing.  So I am surprised you haven't been taking a copy of your work into inventory before logging out.  But it could be that even this is no guarantee you'd still have that in your inventory the next time you logged in there.

lol because I am stupid and don't think enough. I usually pick up everything but last time I was in a hurry and simply left all stuff there thinking I will conintinue the next day, but I didn't. I have the main item in my inventory, its a bike. But I have probably more than 100 bikes and each is different and I was making poses that fit this specific one, so now I either have to redo all of them or somehow figure out which one I used.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3460 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.