Skill Gaming Policy Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Francisco Koolhoven wrote:

I am not able to access skill gaming regions, and I don't understand why.  I have current payment information on file, and I live in a state which is allowed access.  What can I do to get this fixed?

"Note: If you believe you meet all requirements for access, but are still unable to enter a Skill Gaming Region, please try resubmitting your current billing information and re-logging into Second Life as a first step toward troubleshooting."

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Second_Life_Skill_Gaming_FAQ#Why_can.E2.80.99t_I_access_a_Skill_Gaming_Region.3F

I that does not work you will need to file a support ticket.

I have a valid payment method on file and do not have a premium account. I really see no point in a Premium account to be honest. If you were to take that same money each month and get land from a private estate owner you would have much bigger land, more prims etc. The only loss is no monthly gift..boo hoo, there are plenty of awesome freebies inworld.

• 3 weeks later...

So if I read the new TOS correctly, as long as the game is set to "Freeplay" then I do not need to have a "License"... correct?  And if I have it set to "Freeplay", but gives out lindens as a prize... do I have to have a license?  In other words games now can only be traffic generators, and not money makers.. correct?

Kaska Kutenai wrote:

Please list here on this page the list of LEGAL GAMBLING SIMS i had to ask around because Linden Labs way to slove this is a full on ban on accounts lucky for me no devil slots are approved machines if you want to make sure look around SL Wiki for approved gambling sims !

There are no LEGAL GAMBLING SIMS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright Linden Lab!!! This is not even right. How am I as a Louisiana resident (big gambling state) not able to go play the SL gaming machines?! Yes, I went and read all of the information, but no where was it stated exactly why these states are being left out (Someone please let me know if I did miss the explanation). What did we do to you except give LL our money in exchange for Lindens to waste on these games (though we do win sometimes-Smiles). *I would like to see a full explanation as to why*.

In addition, if gambling is such a hot topic why not get into the sex industry here in SL, everyone knows that is a money making business too and should be controlled-or would that be too controversial? Hmmmmm......So, exile residents from the sex industry sims too! 

Ugh.....i just wanted to play Zyngo or that Devil Game. Thanks LL 

Gia Swizzle wrote:

Alright Linden Lab!!! This is not even right. How am I as a Louisiana resident (big gambling state) not able to go play the SL gaming machines?! Yes, I went and read all of the information, but no where was it stated exactly why these states are being left out (Someone please let me know if I did miss the explanation). What did we do to you except give LL our money in exchange for Lindens to waste on these games (though we do win sometimes-Smiles). *I would like to see a full explanation as to why*.

In addition, if gambling is such a hot topic why not get into the sex industry here in SL, everyone knows that is a money making business too and should be controlled-or would that be too controversial? Hmmmmm......So, exile residents from the sex industry sims too! 

Ugh.....i just wanted to play Zyngo or that Devil Game. Thanks LL 

I live in KY, you know, home of the Derby and I can't go to gaming SIMs either.

But to answer your question, it only took me 15 seconds to find the answer using Google!

"Louisiana is one of the top two or three states in terms of anti-online gambling laws...."

http://www.uspokersites.net/legal/louisiana/

• 2 weeks later...

Using this existing thread to post this, though a new topic thread can be started. But have been hearing that quite a few people with "No Payment Info On File" were able to enter Skill Gaming Regions.

Does anyone know if LL is aware of this, and what is the course of recommended action that should be taken? AR report or otherwise?

As I understand the policy is that only those with a payment info listed can enter these regions. Allowing these people who have somehow circumvented the system is disservice to those who are and have been following the rules when gaming.

daisybloomer wrote:

Using this existing thread to post this, though a new topic thread can be started. But have been hearing that quite a few people with "No Payment Info On File" were able to enter Skill Gaming Regions.

Does anyone know if LL is aware of this, and what is the course of recommended action that should be taken? AR report or otherwise?

As I understand the policy is that only those with a payment info listed can enter these regions. Allowing these people who have somehow circumvented the system is disservice to those who are and have been following the rules when gaming.

Security in SL is voluntary, not compulsory.

daisybloomer wrote:

It could be a bug.

Sometimes the PIOF status gets messed up on some accounts and the web profile will show they have payment info on file but the legacy profiles and checking their payment info status via a script will say they don't have payment info on file or vice versa.

So it depends where those that told you this had seen the no payment info on file for that account. Was it on the web profile, the legacy profile or did they check with a script?

Here is just one example of messed up PIOF status: BUG-386

• 2 months later...

Ummm... sorry if this is a necropost, wasn't sure if I should make a thread or use an existing one...

Can someone explain to me why the minimum age to play skill games is 19 in SL? I tried my hardest to find any sort of legal problems that would arise from anything lower, but I couldn't find anything solid. I do know that in my state the minimum age to play tangible, real skill games is 13, not sure about online ones.

• 1 month later...

Its a point and click game which is free to play for avatars but will have a low payout requirement from sim owners. Basically its a form of camping except the camper gets to play a game instead of sitting. The sim/parcel owner will have control over levels of payout and even set daily limits. Is this fine or not?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.